• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I see lots of stuff that is continually relisted because the seller is looking for that one idiot who doesn't know enough to not be taken for a ride.

GB doesn't charge enough for relisting. They could be making a fortune even charging 5 cents more for each automatic relist.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Always had good experiences on gb. Just make sure it's MD legal and that seller will ship to MD as some sellers don't ship to the commie states.
    I have only myself to blame for living in a commie state, I should have picked VA, but when I moved here in 2010 it did not seem all that commie. to me since I am originally from NYC.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I have only myself to blame for living in a commie state, I should have picked VA, but when I moved here in 2010 it did not seem all that commie. to me since I am originally from NYC.

I can relate. Came from Hawaii in 2010. 2013 was a dark year, with darkening skies in the future.

Q

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Like avoid bidding while drinking rule, avoid playing around with the bidding. I ended up with 2 firearms that I didn't REALLY want just by bidding out of curiosity. That means is I was board and saw a firearm I kinda liked, so I would bid. Some else had auto bid enabled and I would bid to see how high they would go. Well, long story short, I won them by a dollar.

On the flip side, keep a close eye on something you are bidding on IF you really want that item. I have lost many items by, you guessed it, a dollar.

The winning bid is ALWAYS $1 (or the bid increment) more than the next highest bid.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    GB doesn't charge enough for relisting. They could be making a fortune even charging 5 cents more for each automatic relist.

I don't think they charge anything to relist. End up with the same overpriced stuff sitting there for ages.

To the OP always had good luck with GB, just won a check Glock 37 to add to my collection. I've had some success on ArmsList as well but you definitely have to be more careful with the sellers.

Jul 1, 2012

I don't think they charge anything to relist. End up with the same overpriced stuff sitting there for ages.

They changed their pricing policy earlier this year, so you have to manually "renew" a listing after 90 days (it'll auto-list up til 90 days).
    If it is a basic listing (no options) then that renewal is still free, but if it has chargeable options like bold title, featured auction etc you have to pay those fees again to relist at the 90 day mark.
    They also added an up-front fee for reserve auctions, 2% of the reserve price.
    That would have to be paid again (as I understand it) if the listing is renewed at 90 days.

GB specifically targeted reserve auctions to discourage them, since bidders hate them.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I've used GB a few times as a buyer, and always had a good experience.

When you do a search, I believe the default sort is Relevance, which I've always found to be fairly worthless. Change the sort to "Price: Low to High." You'll notice that all of the results have a blue triangle in the upper left corner with a white star in it. I believe those are sponsored, but I've always found that the best priced are in the unsponsored section. So scroll down until you see the ones that don't have that blue triangle. Oh, and at the bottom of the page is where you can choose how many items display per page. I usually put it on 96, the max.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The amount is not the point here. The point is keep and eye on what you are doing....;)

Yes, but you will still win or lose by $1.

You lose by $1, even if the winner had bid $500 over your bid.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    They changed their pricing policy earlier this year, so you have to manually "renew" a listing after 90 days (it'll auto-list up til 90 days).
    If it is a basic listing (no options) then that renewal is still free, but if it has chargeable options like bold title, featured auction etc you have to pay those fees again to relist at the 90 day mark.
    That would have to be paid again (as I understand it) if the listing is renewed at 90 days.

GB specifically targeted reserve auctions to discourage them, since bidders hate them.

Glad to hear it, I just recently started up again because of all of the above. Wanted to add a 45GAP to my Glock collection and nobody had used around here, no reason to cut up a perfectly new gun :)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

12 free relists is still a long time for an over priced gun that will never sell at the asking price. Its wasting GB's bandwidth and discouraging actual commerce.

Jul 1, 2012
    I've used GB a few times as a buyer, and always had a good experience.

When you do a search, I believe the default sort is Relevance, which I've always found to be fairly worthless. Change the sort to "Price: Low to High." You'll notice that all of the results have a blue triangle in the upper left corner with a white star in it. I believe those are sponsored, but I've always found that the best priced are in the unsponsored section. So scroll down until you see the ones that don't have that blue triangle. Oh, and at the bottom of the page is where you can choose how many items display per page. I usually put it on 96, the max.

The little blue triangle is for a "Featured Listing" - for $2.95 listing fee it puts your listing at the top of any lists, before those that don't have the option. People selling inexpensive stuff typically don't spring for that option. Usually rare/expensive stuff will be featured, as it tends to get buried amongst the "common" things otherwise.

Jul 1, 2012
    12 free relists is still a long time for an over priced gun that will never sell at the asking price. Its wasting GB's bandwidth and discouraging actual commerce.

Agreed!
    It's always annoying to wade through those same ones every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom