• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Anyone own or shot a KelTec KS7? I just stumbled across them while looking at Sub2000 prices. It's basically a single tube KSG with some upgrades that solve some common complaints with the KSG.

It looks nice and compact. It's 6+1 or 7+1 depending on shell size and while sold out where I originally discovered it, can be found for as low as $400 online. You can buy the KSG picatinny rail and replace the carry handle with it and it supports a tube extension letting you go up to 10+1 capacity.

The price is low enough that I'm thinking of picking one up, just curious if anyone has experience with them and whether they like it.

Attachments

• ks7-right.jpg
      ks7-right.jpg
      26.8 KB · Views: 740
    • ks7-left.jpg
      ks7-left.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 789

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    i could get behind that, its dual tube design was incomplete as it pertained to the manual switching to the 2nd tube and IIRC you could only switch once the tube was empty and not alternate.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Probably what should have been released FIRST and then the dual tube as a novelty later.

Either way I'm sure it will be cheap (relative) and will sell great in both the new and used markets.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I love the look, but realistically have no use for it. I guess if you're the type that's got a cruiser-ready shotgun in the trunk all the time, the compact nature would make it more handy.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Even with a hand stop, I would be leery of operating those types of shotguns.

I could see an index finger inadvertently become MIA.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I love the look, but realistically have no use for it. I guess if you're the type that's got a cruiser-ready shotgun in the trunk all the time, the compact nature would make it more handy.

I don't really have a use for it either outside of as something to shoot at the range. If it performs well it could be an additional home defense gun because it's a foot shorter than my current 870, but most likely it'll just be something to shoot minishells out of at the range.

Even with a hand stop, I would be leery of operating those types of shotguns.

I could see an index finger inadvertently become MIA.

They do make a mag tube extension for it which would reduce that risk some and add three rounds to the capacity. It also looks like the forend tapers in near the front to put your thumb and index finger behind more straight stops to help prevent that. I can see the risk though, I'm not one to mag dump or to run and gun, so I hopefully won't have that happen but there probably will be at least one person who loses a finger to it. The KSG doesn't have the hand stop so I'm sure someone did it with one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom