• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm not defending her completely, only saying that most of the people who purport to hate her for the things she did are ignorant of exactly just what it was that she did do. She did some stupid stuff - no doubt about it, but even she admits how dumb it all was, how ignorant and foolish she was at the time, (and not knowing how much damage her actions were causing) and how much she regretted it. 2012 was yet one more time that she apologized for it - it's not by far the only time.

Many of the people who post about how they vehemently hate her often don't actually know what she did, hate her for things they heard somewhere along the way, and accept that propaganda as fact.

I only hope that if there comes a day when one of you does something wrong and stupid, that you are given just as much of a second chance as she has been given.

How do you feel about Edward Snowden and Bowe Berghdal? They did the same damn thing as her.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm not defending her completely, only saying that most of the people who purport to hate her for the things she did are ignorant of exactly just what it was that she did do. She did some stupid stuff - no doubt about it, but even she admits how dumb it all was, how ignorant and foolish she was at the time, (and not knowing how much damage her actions were causing) and how much she regretted it. 2012 was yet one more time that she apologized for it - it's not by far the only time.

Many of the people who post about how they vehemently hate her often don't actually know what she did, hate her for things they heard somewhere along the way, and accept that propaganda as fact.

I only hope that if there comes a day when one of you does something wrong and stupid, that you are given just as much of a second chance as she has been given.
    It's kind of like gun laws, you do something dumb when you're young and you loose your gun rights for life. I don't see to many getting their rights restored. I can't see cutting her any slack. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Hey trickg, you've come to the wrong place to serve has her apologist. Some of the minor stuff she's apologized for, yes, but not the major stuff, especially her statements. And yes, I've done the research and come to a conclusion very different from yours.

Did you see the propaganda she made when it was broadcast and the effect it had on events here at home? Betcha not.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The difference between Jane and youthful indiscretions is youthful indiscretions didn't get my GI brothers killed.

She can't croak soon enough. I have no use for Fonda apologists of any ilk either.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was being glib earlier, and hoping to defuse this a little, but I was wrong to do so.

She does deserve the venom, and you folks have the right to vent. It was selfish of me to even try and put a lid on it.

IMO, once a treasonous whore, always a treasonous whore.

Much respect to those of you who lived through it more directly than I.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Hey trickg, you've come to the wrong place to serve has her apologist. Some of the minor stuff she's apologized for, yes, but not the major stuff, especially her statements. And yes, I've done the research and come to a conclusion very different from yours.

Did you see the propaganda she made when it was broadcast and the effect it had on events here at home? Betcha not.

What she did is called "Providing aid and comfort to the enemy." Nowadays people go to prison for that; for some completely unknown reason she didn't. She can FOAD. She doesn't deserve even the chance to apologize for what she did on a continuing basis.

And trickg, how do I know? I lived through the effects of her crimes. Yes, crimes. :mad54:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was being glib earlier, and hoping to defuse this a little, but I was wrong to do so.

She does deserve the venom, and you folks have the right to vent. It was selfish of me to even try and put a lid on it.

IMO, once a treasonous whore, always a treasonous whore.

Much respect to those of you who lived through it more directly than I.

No offense taken sir.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    What she did is called "Providing aid and comfort to the enemy." Nowadays people go to prison for that; for some completely unknown reason she didn't. She can FOAD. She doesn't deserve even the chance to apologize for what she did on a continuing basis.

And trickg, how do I know? I lived through the effects of her crimes. Yes, crimes. :mad54:

me too. Piss on her grave I would

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    2012 was yet one more time that she apologized for it - it's not by far the only time.

It seems to me that just about every time she offered and made some sort of a public apology was when there was potential money on the line for her.

The fact of what she did still remains fact and nothing will change that. I don't know where you are coming from with the "propaganda" thing as it's not propaganda as to what she did.

I'm sure we (all that read this in the WC) have all made mistakes in our lives but nowhere to the level that she has, essentially to the level of treasion on her part. I can still remember attending friends older brother's funerals that died (KIA) while in Nam.

buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    I have been reading the comments of the men who fought and sacrificed for our country during the Viet Nam War. I was not born and therefore have no memories of this time, but I want to sincerely thank all of you brave men for your service. We will never understand what you soldiers give, and the least we can do is properly thank you and respect those who fell on our behalf.... God Bless you all.

Feb 28, 2013
    As far as I'm concerned Hanoi Jane should be pushing up grass next to Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.:mad54:

But, barring that, who's in for a group buy for her one-way ticket to Hoa-Lo?

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    It seems to me that just about every time she offered and made some sort of a public apology was when there was potential money on the line for her.

The fact of what she did still remains fact and nothing will change that. I don't know where you are coming from with the "propaganda" thing as it's not propaganda as to what she did.

I'm sure we (all that read this in the WC) have all made mistakes in our lives but nowhere to the level that she has, essentially to the level of treasion on her part. I can still remember attending friends older brother's funerals that died (KIA) while in Nam.

Exactly. She makes the most limited apology possible. She is sorry for sitting on a gun. She did not apologize for calling our soldiers hypocrites and liars. She is definitely not sorry for her visit to the North. She only apologizes only with reservations.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    First of all, everyone on both sides - please stop calling her young when she went to North Vietnam. As I previously stated, that's a false "out" for her as she was not young; she was 35 when she made those comments. If that's not old enough to be held responsible for one's actions then I don't know what is.

She did some stupid stuff - no doubt about it, but even she admits how dumb it all was, how ignorant and foolish she was at the time, (and not knowing how much damage her actions were causing) and how much she regretted it. 2012 was yet one more time that she apologized for it - it's not by far the only time.

Wrong, just wrong. She apologized for only one thing: the anti-aircraft gun. She never apologized for anything else, most particularly galling for me calling the POWs "liars". There is no indication that even now she has changed her mind on any of the rest. Does anyone outside of Jane Fonda believe the POWs lied when they said they were tortured? Do you trickg? No? Then why are you justifying her actions?

Wrong again. Her actions, her words, are documented fact. You are free to disagree whether her apology (for one thing) was sincere or not and you are free to disagree whether forgiveness should be extended to her (for that one or for all things) but calling people citing her actual actions "propaganda" is factually inaccurate.

When she asks for a second chance for the full extent of her crimes (moral not legal) against our country then we can debate whether or not she deserves a second chance. Until then she doesn't deserve a even the discussion.

BeoBill - you have my honor and my respect Sir. Thank you for your service to our country, and for doing and sacrificing what I can't even imagine on our behalf.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    aray has it right.

If you listen to only Fonda's words, in the numerous interviews of her about her anti war activities, it's easy to see where her loyalties are. In particular, the Phil Donahue interview done in 1972, is most revealing. Especially when you compare it with the much more contrived interviews her PR people coached her through over the years since. She makes it seem like Vets are ok with her, and her support of the communitist was somehow pro American.

Did you know Fonda lived in France for seven years before the war? Video 1 of the Donahue interview she explains.

Fonda is quite proud of her trip to Vietnam, and the only thing she regrets is the appearance that she may have been actually manning an anti-air battery.

Here's one of the more interesting interviews:

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    You guys better stop it or Ted Turner will track you down and make you watch old black & white silent French movies with subtitles till your eyes bleed.

StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    I remember when Jane Fonda did this. Fvck her...if I'm around when she croaks I'll get in line to piss on her grave.

In 1972 6 of my cousins had already served a tour in Vietnam. Several of them wounded, one still mentally wounded. My Dads friend from work....his boy came home in a box. A few of the other neighborhood guys came home the same way. I was still in high school, but enlisted 2 years later as soon as I was old enough.
    One of my cousins who I was closest to, he lived across the street, did his tour in '68 as a Force Recon Marine. He was highly decorated and came home a hero, like all who served over there, to us anyway. When we picked him up at Dulles Airport he was spit at and had human feces thrown at him from the "peace loving anti-war flower children"...like Jane Fonda. This is the mentality she was supporting, not only schmoozing with our enemy, but a big F you to every person that served.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom