• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    wtf why would you support this. Im sure there are people out there who would love to own your old shotguns.

I would rather sell them on GB.com for $10 bucks each before giving them away for free to the ****ing State of MD to use a properganda for the anti gun cuase!

I received this via email a few minutes ago.

Anne Arundel County Police Department to Hold Voluntary Gun Turn-In as
    Part of Inaugural Statewide Gun Turn-in Day on Saturday, May 11

Residents can drop off unwanted firearms, no questions asked

Once surrendered, the firearm will be processed through law enforcement databases to determine if it has been reported as being stolen or flagged as being a firearm that was used in the commission of a crime.

One of these things would have to be false: Either no questions are asked or the guns are processed. If a firearm turns up a hit (i.e. was used to commit a crime), I'm sure some questions are going to be asked.

No incentive? The turnout will determine how successful the demonization of guns/gun owners have been.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Nobody in here has the BALLS to try and buy guns by walking up and down the line at a gun turn-in event.

NOBODY.

I do, however, like the excuses some on here have for not doing it.

As for me, I WOULD do it, but I have to mow my lawn that day. DAMN!

CLP

Dec 18, 2012
    It would be great if every mds member turned in a cheapo air rifle just to see if they post bogus numbers on types on firearms since they did include air rifles

Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    http://www.wtop.com/52/3313486/Maryland-begins-gun-turn-in-program-Saturday

"Quite candidly, we're aware in some cases [buyback programs] actually stimulate crime," says McCarthy. "People actually go out to steal a gun in order to turn it back in for cash."

Popkin says he's aware some will offer to buy guns near turn-in locations to sell them for a profit.

"That has happened in different jurisdictions," says Popkin. "We'll make sure where we have this strategically set up, that will not be happening."

Looks like they will be trying to make it difficult for anyone wanting to try to buy guns people are turning in. And I like how he insinuates that those buying guns at these events are criminals.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I was going to go but since there is no incentive I doubt there will be any show. I am looking for an old 357/38 too :(

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Just spoke with the duty officer at the local MSP barrack (our location), he said there is no problem if people want to do person to person transfers on-site. He clarified the the basic "the person receiving would have to come back as not disqualified for regulated firearms" and "wait the 7 days" :D

He confirmed walking away with a non-regulated firearm would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom