Lefty Friendly- Hammer Fired Single Stack? Need help finding the right carry gun

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCognacWest

Nov 4, 2018
    Hello Everyone!

I’ve really been enjoying shooting my CZ-P07 this past year, but I’m looking to get a smaller gun for when I get my Florida & DC carry permits.
    I’m looking to stick with a hammer fired DA/SA gun because I like the idea of having my thumb on the hammer when I reholster. I’m a pretty skinny guy and I would also prefer a single stack. I’m also left handed. I also need it to have a manual safety that I can actually reach. I don’t care about which side the magazine release is on and I prefer 1911 style slide releases, because they are easier to reach with my index finger.

Does such a gun exist? If not, what would you all recommend I look that is close to what I’m describing?

Thanks!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The Springfield XD-E was made for you. DA/SA single stack, hammer-fired with ambi decock/safety. Your choice of 9mm or .45ACP. Have been very happy with mine.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It's not my all around favorite pistol, and it's a little homely with that taller slide ... but it has been utterly reliable no matter what I feed it, hits what I point it at, and though it feels a little hefty (compared to, say, a G43), it hides well enough for my tastes. I have large hands, and it's a natural pointer for me. Just works. I guess for what I want it to do, it IS my favorite pistol. When I want tinier, its a Ruger LCP2. But I do like the XD-E's 8+1, and cut my teeth on hammer-fired DA/SA so it just really fit the bill for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom