Glen Burnie Park was invaded last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Several of us had to call 911 last night.

About 11:20, we start hearing thumping music and loud voices. When it didn't move along, I took a look out the window, and there were 30+ cars completely blocking the 3 blocks of the "T" intersection right in front of the house. Best I could tell, it looked like a rolling party from one of the mini-hoods in the area.

It kept feeling like there might be a fight about to break out, especially with the disregard and open containers.

I was told by dispatch that a car was in the area, and I eventually saw 2 units roll through, but I couldn't tell if it was anything but for show.

After half an hour, all but 3 had moved along.

This is something I'd never experienced before, and was not at all comforting. Will head out in a bit to check for damage.

Does anyone know if this is a regular thing in the county?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Nothing like that, but I have noticed the county doesn't seem to care about noise ordinances.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    This happened in my former neighborhood on oakwood road about 4 weeks ago. It seems to be a flash mob car show.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's funny to think that moving to Glen Burnie Park when my grandparents did in 1965 was a sign of upward mobility to a "good neighborhood".

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's funny to think that moving to Glen Burnie Park when my grandparents did in 1965 was a sign of upward mobility to a "good neighborhood".

That's the funny thing...

We've lived here for 25 years (come August), and our little corner has always been a "good neighborhood". It's just that, over the past 8 years or so, I have concerns about what passes through it, with the way the apartments in the general area have gone south.

This was unique for us... I just hope it's not another strike against staying put.

Also, I see nothing on @AACOPD or Glen Burnie Patch

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Next time just call and say “shots fired”. :sarcasm: At least they weren’t all ATV’s running up and down like Baltimorgue or D.C. back in the 70’s we’d call it “cruising” with our Camaro’s, GTO’s, Firebirds, etc.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Next time just call and say “shots fired”. At least they weren’t all ATV’s running up and down like Baltimorgue or D.C. back in the 70’s we’d call it “cruising” with our Camaro’s, GTO’s, Firebirds, etc.

I had the thought, but others had already called, and they were on their way.

What concerned me most is that these 20- and 30-something 'nummawons' were leaving the cars in the middle of the streets, milling about in yards, and sounding particularly unpleasant.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    For some reason, I just had the thought of a giant easter bunny strolling down the street and tossing molotov cocktails into each improperly parked car, from it's clutched egg basket.

Weird huh?

Maybe I need to stop drinking Coors Light.

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    Next time just call and say “shots fired”. At least they weren’t all ATV’s running up and down like Baltimorgue or D.C. back in the 70’s we’d call it “cruising” with our Camaro’s, GTO’s, Firebirds, etc.

I think thats a horrible Idea to call police and make a false statement. Doing whats right reporting a noise ordinance violation or open alcoholic container's is one thing but doing something like that could easily get someones teenagers killed guess you dont watch the news! Swatting is illegal my friend

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Though not in Glen Burnie, last year the missus and I were headed north on Indian Head Highway (AKA Maryland's Highway of Death). Traffic was moving along fairly normally when we came to a red light near Fort Washington. There was a racket to the right as a few motorcycles came into the intersection, engines revving, coming to a stop blocking all lanes of traffic. And then a massive flood of motorcycles, four-wheelers, with a few SUVs in the mix flowed down the road and around onto the highway heading north. There were many hundreds of them. The light turned green, but the blockade stayed in place as the flood kept coming. Finally, after the light cycled back to red, the flood of bikes started trickling off and the bikers blocking the intersection moved on. As the light turned green, we started across the intersection but there were stragglers just boldly blowing their red light to catch the rest of the mob. There are many traffic-controlled intersections along that stretch of highway and it's a very straight road. So we could see that the mob was doing the same thing at every intersection--just roll into it regardless of the color of their light, block it, and the mob moved through. There were also lots of wheelies happening. So normal traffic in this 55 zone was backing up behind the bikers doing wheelies at no more than 35 across all three lanes. At one point, I saw a state trooper on the other side of the highway heading south. Further down the road there were county sheriff cars waiting at intersections just watching the mob go by.

There was an....obvious demographic pattern at play, and I know that sometimes yout's having fun can come at great personal cost to people they encounter who aren't like them. So I told the missus at one point that if we got boxed in and brought to a stop, she needed to understand that I was going to drive over people to get us out of there. Fortunately, it didn't happen. The mob continued all the way up to where MD210 enters DC, where we peeled off onto the 495.

It was straight out of Mad Max. Pure anarchy.

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    I had the thought, but others had already called, and they were on their way.

What concerned me most is that these 20- and 30-something 'nummawons' were leaving the cars in the middle of the streets, milling about in yards, and sounding particularly unpleasant.

Im really amazed that any of my fellow defenders of the 2A would entertain the thought of doing such a thing as reporting a false gun crime poor judgment much.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    For some reason, I just had the thought of a giant easter bunny strolling down the street and tossing molotov cocktails into each improperly parked car, from it's clutched egg basket.

Weird huh?

Maybe I need to stop drinking Coors Light.

Easter Bunny is for amateurs.

Pennywise the Clown is much more effective as scattering Dindus lingering where they don't belong.

Hi everybody!!!!!

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

Pennywise the Clown is much more effective as scattering Dindus lingering where they don't belong.

Hi everybody!!!!!

THAT is sooooo Glen Burnie, I love it! :clap:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think thats a horrible Idea to call police and make a false statement. Doing whats right reporting a noise ordinance violation or open alcoholic container's is one thing but doing something like that could easily get someones teenagers killed guess you dont watch the news! Swatting is illegal my friend

Fixed it for you! I think everyone else knew what I meant.

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood

Hi everybody!!!!!

Wow Dindus ......WARNING is a racial slur Noun. dindu (plural dindu nuffins) (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive) A black person. (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive).

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Wow Dindus ......WARNING is a racial slur Noun. dindu (plural dindu nuffins) (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive) A black person. (slang, derogatory, ethnic slur, neologism, offensive).

Shoot man. EVERYTHING is a racial slur these days. :rolleyes:

Roll with it.

Where are MY reparations btw?

cdub702

May 13, 2017
    Mr Rodgers Neighborhood
    Shoot man. EVERYTHING is a racial slur these days. :rolleyes:

Roll with it.

Where are MY reparations btw?

Lol true... but I sincerely had hope this website was for real Americans who want to defend the 2A which will definitely require the spirit of inclusiveness , never intentionally stooping to those levels to degrade anyone. We all can imagine the seen that night but why go there. Lets not make everything about race. We need all Marylanders to be able to embrace this website we have to change the antigunners mind set. As for reparations I dont believe any one owes me anything. I dont know about you but Im not a liberal.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Shut our eyes and embrace ‘yute anarchy in the night. Got it. :innocent0

Just for the record, gatherings such as the one Mr H articulated includes all races. “Ricer’s” habitually mob areas with this activity described.

Is “Ricer’s” racist? Not really. It describes a modified Jap car with obnoxious exhaust and a ridiculous trunk wing.

Is “Jap” racist? It’s just short for Japanese, where many of these cars come from.

I’m all for inclusion. As long as everyone comes together in a socially civilized manner. Others whom don’t want to abide by rule of law and common decency.... nerp.

Get off my lawn.

Get out of the middle of my street.

Let me sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom