• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    that's because us peasants have to work and have families to take care of. also not everyone has the luxury of being retired. plus I don't see the point of protesting. its stupid and pointless. I have better things to do with my time. so while your standing out there looking stupid im sitting at home laughing at everyone or going to the shooting range. that's how it is.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    that's because us peasants have to work and have families to take care of. also not everyone has the luxury of being retired. plus I don't see the point of protesting. its stupid and pointless. I have better things to do with my time. so while your standing out there looking stupid im sitting at home laughing at everyone or going to the shooting range. that's how it is.

While enjoying lunch with my other patriots yesterday, we discussed how many here are keyboard commandos who don’t think there is a point to do what so few do here. My view is that if there is no one willing to fight the fight there will soon be no fight. Those trips to the range won’t be there and then the only ones laughing will be the antis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

I wonder if you'll still be laughing when you don't get to have any more guns to take to the range. Because that'll be how it is.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I wonder if you'll still be laughing when you don't get to have any more guns to take to the range. Because that'll be how it is.

Agreed, I would also expect more respect and appreciation from members here toward those that are on the front lines fighting for the rights that others here enjoy, even if they are unable to volunteer.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The ones who do are appreciated for what they do.

The ones who don’t are highly unlikely to react well to guilt trips or name calling OR ARM TWISTING.

If that’s what passes for recruitment, you might want to reconsider. How you build your team has a lot to do with team culture and commitment going forward.

Leadership by example is your best bet imo. YMMV.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I understand the OP's frustration. Back when I was more physically able to march and stand around, I felt much the same way about the lack of participation by the overwhelming majority of not just gun owners, but the active keyboard commandos here. Lots of blame/excuses to go around, and I am currently as guilty as anybody for not being on the bricks.

The real issue is how to positively motivate more folks to join in the fun, and exploring that process might be the more effective way to get more boots on the ground. And while I understand the frustration and anger in the OP, and I have tremendous respect and admiration for all the folks who join the PP and testify in naptown, the tone in the OP just puts me off. And I'm a supporter.

I don't have the answer, and I sure wish I did. Lots of respect and thanks to everyone who has taken a stand for our rights, and those who continue to do so. Everybody can do something. The trick is to actually do it, instead of talk about it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I understand the OP's frustration. Back when I was more physically able to march and stand around, I felt much the same way about the lack of participation by the overwhelming majority of not just gun owners, but the active keyboard commandos here. Lots of blame/excuses to go around, and I am currently as guilty as anybody for not being on the bricks.

The real issue is how to positively motivate more folks to join in the fun, and exploring that process might be the more effective way to get more boots on the ground. And while I understand the frustration and anger in the OP, and I have tremendous respect and admiration for all the folks who join the PP and testify in naptown, the tone in the OP just puts me off. And I'm a supporter.

I don't have the answer, and I sure wish I did. Lots of respect and thanks to everyone who has taken a stand for our rights, and those who continue to do so. Everybody can do something. The trick is to actually do it, instead of talk about it.
    Spot on sir.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was not going to comment and maybe i should not . But i am compelled to do so . The PP do some fine work and give up so much free time in planning and action . I am grateful to the persons that are doing the leg work , i was one of them and wanted to do so much more .

I find it ironic when we need members to stand up , we ask some members to stand down .

I care about our rights and will continue to in my own way to fight for my rights and others , We have to come together and find another way to make a connection with brotherhood or sisterhood . I can tell you i had fun and felt like we were doing some good , i enjoyed the other PP members .

I get what the OP is saying and agree we all need to do more , but how do we do that ?? I know we will never reach one more person by putting others down , name calling , heel biting .

I care about MDS and it's members maybe a little more then i should having got my ass handed to me a couple times . There is way more good here then bad but the bad is real bad . I will go back in my corner and sorry in advance for my post .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We missed you. Sounds like your day sucked. Here are some of my quotes in this thread.

I expect a doctors note on my desk first period, or we take a trip to the principals office!

Thanks - missed you guys too. I HATE fscking honeysuckle. It has the same effect as tear gas on me, but longer lasting.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    The ones who do are appreciated for what they do.

The ones who don’t are highly unlikely to react well to guilt trips or name calling OR ARM TWISTING.

If that’s what passes for recruitment, you might want to reconsider. How you build your team has a lot to do with team culture and commitment going forward.

Leadership by example is your best bet imo. YMMV.

While I think the OP could have worded it differently, based on our conversation yesterday, I also believe some of the tung and cheek was lost. The point was of all the members here that are retired only 2 showed and we felt that more could have joined us. That may have been naïve to think they didn’t have other obligations or where simply not aware of the event. We do need to have a better recruitment system in place.

How many would be willing to be put on a recruitment list to be notified of an event. This would give a notification to all that sign up of an upcoming event and they could respond if they where able to attend. This would eliminate members from missing a thread.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Then what’s your point in joining the MDS site? If it’s only social stick to your Book of Faces!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    While I think the OP could have worded it differently, based on our conversation yesterday, I also believe some of the tung and cheek was lost. The point was of all the members here that are retired only 2 showed and we felt that more could have joined us. That may have been naïve to think they didn’t have other obligations or where simply not aware of the event. We do need to have a better recruitment system in place.

How many would be willing to be put on a recruitment list to be notified of an event. This would give a notification to all that sign up of an upcoming event and they could respond if they where able to attend. This would eliminate members from missing a thread.

This, sir, is positive, constructive thought. BZ

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA

I agree completely with you, Ed. If you don't show up and let people see that there is a groundswell of people -- voters -- that oppose what the GA is doing, things will never change. More importantly than showing up to 'protest' or 'educate' is the willingness to actually get out and VOTE. I know that it's an uphill fight in MD just as it is over here in VA, but it's kind of like skiing or sledding -- you can't get to enjoy the ride down until you have climbed the hill...

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Every once I a while my tiny brain produces a 1/2 a thought.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Camaraderie is part of what MDS is about. Hanging out on this forum, blowing off steam, getting the right guy to do that difficult job at your house, or posting absurd humorous threads that have no purpose but to entertain.

It’s also about YOUR Gun Rights.

If you care
    If you can walk
    Your ass should be out here holding a flag or a sign.

A note from your wife or doc is the only excuse acceptable.

There were a measly 8 MoFo’s joining one Dick Heller out in front of the UNITED STATES CAPITOL to counter the gun control “die in” today. WTH!? There were only 2 of us retired guys out there. Unacceptable! Dick turns to me and says, “Are there any more coming?” I gotta tell ya, I was a little embarrassed.

Other than that, it was fun and that camaraderie was there. Where were you?

This was a short pep talk. Now think about your duty to get yer old ass out there next time!

Ugh. This crap again.

I respect and admire those of you who can get out on the bricks and grass and everywhere else to demonstrate and testify for our 2A rights. I support the PP as I can, along with other 2A orgs.

But you know, we all have our abilities and limitations. Reviling and shaming those who don't act like you do sounds to me like the same kind of tactic the gun grabbers and liberals use. That kind of approach only divides this community instead of unifying it.

You work for protecting our rights according to your abilities and I'll work according to mine. I also will not denigrate or insult your approach and I will appreciate the same from you.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

The bolded sounds like a personal attack from where I'm standing which is a MDS no no. :nono:

I'm feeling a disturbance in the force.....

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Ugh. This crap again.

I respect and admire those of you who can get out on the bricks and grass and everywhere else to demonstrate and testify for our 2A rights. I support the PP as I can, along with other 2A orgs.

But you know, we all have our abilities and limitations. Reviling and shaming those who don't act like you do sounds to me like the same kind of tactic the gun grabbers and liberals use. That kind of approach only divides this community instead of unifying it.

You work for protecting our rights according to your abilities and I'll work according to mine. I also will not denigrate or insult your approach and I will appreciate the same from you.

Watch out with that talk, you will be called out, called names, heckled and pmed about it, lol

Some here will tell you it’s their way or the highway

Your emails, phone calls and contributions and vote don’t count ........according to some

Everyone contributes in their own way. I believe that is true of most everyone here. Others don’t.

Ymmv

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Ugh. This crap again.

Watch out with that talk, you will be called out, called names, heckled and pmed about it, lol

Some here will tell you it’s their way or the highway

Your emails, phone calls and contributions and vote don’t count ........according to some

Everyone contributes in their own way. I believe that is true of most everyone here. Others don’t.

Ymmv

Well said! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom