• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    I am currently in the market for a 9mm semi-automatic pistol that meets the following requirements for concealed carry:

The pistol must be:

1. Hammer Fired
    2. Double Action Only
    3. 9mm

I've done some research and it appears that the only pistol that is currently available that meets the above specified requirements is the Sig Sauer P250.

I am wondering if there are other pistols that are currently available that would meed my requirements that I'm just not aware of.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions that anyone might have regarding any other 9mm pistols that would meet my above noted requirements.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    The new army contract Sig MHS meets your criteria. Don't know how easily you'll be able to get one though.

For the record, why do you want DAO?

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    229 DAK

Also, you might get more responses if you put this in the appropriate section.

Forgive my ignorance, but who makes the 229 DAK 9mm semiautomatic pistol?

A google search brings up the Sig Sauer P229 which I believe is a DA/SA Hammer Fired Trigger only and is not available in DAO exclusively.

I'm searching for a DAO (double action only) Hammer Fired Trigger only.

Thank you so much for your assistance and I was hoping that you could share with me what section of the MD Shooter Forum would be more appropriate for my posting?

Thank you again for your help.

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    The new army contract Sig MHS meets your criteria. Don't know how easily you'll be able to get one though.

For the record, why do you want DAO?

Thank you for your help, however the Sig Sauer website advises that the Sig P320 is Striker Fired.

Unfortunately, I'm looking exclusively for a 9mm semiautomatic pistol that is Hammer Fired (not Striker Fired) and utilizes a Double Action Only Trigger System (not a DA/SA double action/single action trigger).

So far, only the Sig P250 meets that criteria.

I'm hoping that there are other manufacturer's that have something that fits my criteria and I'm not opposed to buying a pistol on the secondary market because it's no longer in production.

Thank you again for your assistance.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

I was hoping that you could share with me what section of the MD Shooter Forum would be more appropriate for my posting?

Yes, it's a Sig. May be discontinued or just not listed on the notoriously incomplete Sig website. The DAK was widely issued and there are plenty of new examples to be found on Gunbroker.

The "Handguns" section would be most appropriate for this kind of topic.

"Comments and Suggestions" is for technical/forum related topics.

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County

Thanks for your input, however the Sig Sauer website advises that the Sig P239 is a Double Action/Single Action Trigger.

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a 9mm Hammer Fired Pistol that utilizes a Double Action Only Trigger (DAO).

Currently - only the Sig P250 meets that requirement.

I'm hoping to find a 9mm semiautomatic pistol from any manufacturer that is both Hammer Fired and Double Action Only (DAO Trigger System).

Thank you for your assistance.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Forgive my ignorance, but who makes the 229 DAK 9mm semiautomatic pistol?

A google search brings up the Sig Sauer P229 which I believe is a DA/SA Hammer Fired Trigger only and is not available in DAO exclusively.

Thank you so much for your assistance and I was hoping that you could share with me what section of the MD Shooter Forum would be more appropriate for my posting?

Here are Sig P229 and P226 pistols in DAK. Not the caliber you want, but they can also be found in 9mm (or one can likely swap barrels and use 9mm mags in these pistols) ...

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/sauer-p229r-very-good-condition-p-36770.html

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/sauer-p229-very-good-condition-p-29690.html

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/sauer-p226-very-good-condition-p-36797.html

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for your input, however the Sig Sauer website advises that the Sig P239 is a Double Action/Single Action Trigger.

Unfortunately, I'm looking for a 9mm Hammer Fired Pistol that utilizes a Double Action Only Trigger (DAO).

Currently - only the Sig P250 meets that requirement.

I'm hoping to find a 9mm semiautomatic pistol from any manufacturer that is both Hammer Fired and Double Action Only (DAO Trigger System).

Thank you for your assistance.

http://www.quanticotactical.com/asp/itemDetail.asp?dispItemNum=4286&type=C&subCatNum=29&CMN=Handguns

To the best of my knowledge it's the same thing just two reset points

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    the beretta 92D is double action only, as well as a a few in the 226/229 family, in addition to the 250.

there is also a model of the hk usp that is DAO. i think its the LEM trigger. you can also get the P30/P2000. it also exists the the sk variants. i assume you can get the LEM trigger in all of their hammer fired handguns.

there exists a CZ-75B DAO, they don't make it anymore, but they are out in the wild.

MrBoh

Jan 24, 2017
    Harford County
    229 DAK

Also, you might get more responses if you put this in the appropriate section.

I was able to find several NIB examples of both the Sig 226 and 229 DAK that are available for sale on GunBroker and some other sites as well.

The DAK (Double Action Kellerman) is an updated/hybrid Double Action Only Trigger system which would work for me.

I'm not a fan of the H&K LEM Trigger System and I would have to rule that trigger system out for my needs.

I really appreciate all of your help and assistance!

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Smith and Wesson 3rd gens
    Kahr Arms
    Beretta Px4 storm
    Beretta 92D

I'm guessing the DAO is an agency requirement for off duty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom