• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Most training with cameras I've done had a fixed camera, camera on helmet/glasses, or a dedicated videographer.

The idea of using a camera mounted on the firearm itself seemed like an impractical novelty, until now.

This new weapon-mounted camera (understood many NRA instructors speak to the merits of not using the word 'weapon' when referring to firearms. This thread is referring to firearms actually used for and training for real weapons (i.e. to stop badguys)) - is being advertised primarily for police pistols to be used as evidence, which is a great supplement to a body-worn camera. But I can see this also being used for training, and for the typical home-owner that might want to capture what exactly prompted them to have to defend themselves.

This is from ShotShow 2017:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-01-17&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    IMG_5578.png

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The problem with this is you're going to have to be pointing your weapon at the BG before you intend to shoot him in order to record the justification. Some dinndunuffin's lawyer is going to say that you provoked the incident by pointing the weapon.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The problem with this is you're going to have to be pointing your weapon at the BG before you intend to shoot him in order to record the justification. Some dinndunuffin's lawyer is going to say that you provoked the incident by pointing the weapon.

Understood, and that could happen, but didn't happen in the video above and I don't think most trained people will do that.

My primary thought as far as an application for this is for training. Mounting this to a 'blue gun', airsoft, or Sims rig.

Documenting an actual shoot, I'd want all the evidence possible to prove my innocence. Understanding the law of Self Defense is the best insurance.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

exactly, would probably end up with a quick blurry video, and a lot of time primarily pointed at the ground. A lot of the feasibility will depend on state laws, being most place self defense as an affirmative defense, without a camera it has to essentially be proven they DIDN'T act in SD, poor camera footage, or a case where footage didn't reccord could be taken as a negative aggainst the defendant, and could be worse in a case of imperfect self defense. The above video is more ad than any useful training IMO, especially with obvious physical evidence, doubt the douchey bystander would act like that in reality, and even if he did I doubt it would affect the judicial outcome in the vast majority of cases. Of course legal downsides are in additon to the problems with bulk, and lack of holsters to carry such a thing, pretty much worthless outside of perhaps on-duty officers, or someone that wants to film a run at some targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom