• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silasvirus82

Dam Builder
    Dec 4, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'll start off addressing the haters that think I spent too much money on this and point out that I plan to use this for golf and for shooting. Here's the proof it is still fully functional for its intended purpose.

6ad77bb973be675a495c19570b7e527d.jpg

Now on to the improvements. I started with a CaddyTek EZ cart with the seat accessory, both were about $180 including shipping. The cart included a storage/cooler bag, drink holder, and umbrella holder. Most others I looked at those were all options and would have drove up the initial cost considerably. The only other purchase was the gun racks which are Kolpin Rhino XL Dbl and they were about $50.

bd143b3726d8c7b1e42ccdfe9b55518b.jpg

Here it is loaded up minus my range bag which I can bungee to the seat. The seat is spring loaded so when you sit down the base extends to the ground so there is no weight transferred to the cart.

bc0469380e3fd8eae94eaf7e35c46016.jpg

With a decent amount of stuff in my bag the seat pushes down and rides too close to the ground, so I drilled a hole through one leg of the seat and put a quick release pin to prevent that. If I want to sit, pull the pin and it's back to normal. Also, I really like the umbrella, that'll be nice on hot days.

ac69e4723a6a23d20eb55fb976b75f66.jpg

Speaking of hot days here's the built in storage with cooler below. Probably holds 3-4 cans with ice.

92a03d31fa4bbc185f9c18a72b7c4987.jpg

Folds up nice too.

I can't freaking wait to try this thing out!

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    For a while, I used a golf bag that I sawed out the partitions so it fit three long guns and used the golf ball bags to store ammunition and magazines.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Oh great. Now I'm going to have to watch a 20 minute segment by Lester Holt on the new line of illegal gun transportation devices available at golf pro shops nationwide. ;) :)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    That's awesome. I wish I had a place where something like this would come in use.

peacemakernational.com near inwood (below hagerstown, west of frederick, above winchester) is having a 2 gun match in Mar and 3 gun in April.

plenty of other similar matches, just look around here in the Competition forum.

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    peacemakernational.com near inwood (below hagerstown, west of frederick, above winchester) is having a 2 gun match in Mar and 3 gun in April.

plenty of other similar matches, just look around here in the Competition forum.

I'm nowhere near talented enough for competition. That's still a long ways away.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    Shooting is like sex. It doesn't matter if anyone else is impressed. The important thing is if you enjoy it.

Jump in there and try it. The really laid back beginner match is our fun shoot on the 4th Saturday of each month. We're in a truly "free state" where all your toys are welcome. Check the blog site in my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom