• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Here is the 2017 IDPA schedule for the Frederick IWLA Chapter #1 , which all of you should consider joining! ( Details follow)

2017 SCHEDULE

Sunday, February 5 - IDPA
    Sunday, April 2 - IDPA
    Sunday, June 4 - IDPA
    Sunday, August 6 - IDPA
    Sunday, September 3 - IDPA
    Sunday, October 15 - IDPA

Saturday, February 25 - 2-Gun Demonstration Match
    Sunday, March 19 - IDPA New Shooter Orientation and Skills

1) All matches will be announced through the Frederick IDPA Google Group two weeks prior to the match. The Google Group web address is here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/frederickidpa including show times, shooting times, stage and round count, etc. If you subscribe to the group, you'll receive an email notification when I post the match info and registration link. Match notifications may or may not be posted to this forum on MDS, so subscribing to the Group is your best way to ensure you have the latest & most accurate information.

2) Registrations are through Practiscore here: https://practiscore.com/clubs/frederick-chapter-1-iwla

3) Shooter scores are recorded on paper during the match, and compiled using my fingers and toes after the match with results emailed to the participants on a spreadsheet. I try to get results out within a day or two, but it may take longer depending on real-life stuff. Thank you for your understanding and patience. (I would not turn down a donation of 4 or more Nook tablets and time to set them up to be used for Practiscore synchronization.)

4) The Frederick IWLA IDPA club runs two flights of two squads for each match. The first flight, squads 1 & 2, will start shooting at 11am (per the Frederick IWLA SOP, Sunday shooting cannot begin earlier), while the second flight, squads 3 & 4, will start as soon as 1 & 2 clear the range. The 25FEB17 2-Gun Demo Match will start earlier since it's on a Saturday.

5) I'm not sure yet which match will be the classifier. I'm leaning toward June so we'll have more daylight and so people won't be shooting for classification in the cold (you're welcome @Woodstock!).

6) The 25FEB17 2-Gun Demo Match will be held according to USCA rules. Match & stage development for that event have not yet begun, but details and registration will be released through the Frederick IDPA Google Groups website. I will also post the USCA rules on the Frederick IDPA Google Groups website in pdf format.

7) The Frederick IWLA IDPA club is conducting a New Shooter Orientation and Skills Course on Sunday, March 19, 2017. The course will run for 4-5 hours, and cost $50 per student. Registration will be through Practiscore. The course is focused toward people who are new to practical pistol shooting and want a graduated introduction to IDPA where we will start with low-pressure classroom discussion & dry-fire practice & familiarization, followed by live fire drills and conclude with students being placed into squads & shooting actual IPDA stages under match conditions exactly as we run them on match days. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be qualified and prepared to register & shoot in upcoming IDPA matches at both the Frederick IWLA and at the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club (TCSC) just north of Frederick. These and other details will be released to the Frederick IDPA Google Groups list at https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/frederickidpa Questions may be directed to FrederickIDPA@gmail.com

I’ll update this OP as necessary, and answer any general questions about the club or matches in the thread below.

Thanks for reading this far, and I look forward to seeing you at the range!

Troy Turner
    FrederickIDPA@Gmail.com
    Match Director, Frederick IDPA
    Frederick IWLA Chapter #1

PS: I know you don’t want to miss our newly-instituted long-standing tradition of giving away an anonymously donated and potentially life-changing door prize at every one of our matches!

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Looks great, TTMD! Exciting upcoming season. Jogged my memory - need to see if IWLA my membership's been renewed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    OP updated with additional details on the March 19 new shooters class.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Gonna need a longer coat

12317675_215378728818088_1338670882_n.jpg

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Troy, is there a minimum age for the skills class? I'm pretty sure I'm over the threshold, but I'm wondering about getting my 15 yo daughter some skills. She's got experience shooting .22 and 9mm pistols and a 5.56 AR...

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Great info Troy! Thanks for the detail. I'll see if I can get her up to speed in between dance classes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom