• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    For the latest information about the Frederick IWLA IDPA Club & earliest info regarding open registration, please subscribe to the FDK IWLA IDPA club Google Group at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/frederickidpa

Registration link: https://practiscore.com/frederick-iwla-idpa-february-5-2017/register

This is a club level/tier 1 IDPA match with 4-5 stages and a round count of 70-75+.

This match consists of 4 squads with a maximum of 6 shooters each. Squad & shooter count will depend on the number of qualified Safety Officer volunteers.

--Squads 1 & 2 must show by 9:30 am to help with setup. The shooting will start no later than 11 am following the morning safety briefing at 10:30 am at the 50-yard target berm.

--Squads 3 & 4 have a show time of 12:30 pm, & will start as soon as squads 1 & 2 clear the range & we complete the safety briefing which will be held under the large permanent pavilion near the clubhouse. Squad 3 & 4 shooters must assist in stowing materials & collecting trash.

Non-Frederick IWLA members - $20
    Frederick IWLA members - $10
    Primary IDPA Safety Officers - $10 (plus work hour credit for SO's who are Frederick IWLA members)
    Please bring exact change.

If you are new to IDPA please email the Match Director at FrederickIDPA@gmail.com with a brief overview of your shooting experience for registration guidance.

The Frederick IWLA is a cold range and loaded firearms are only allowed while under the control of a Safety Officer during the match and match prep and tear-down periods. Therefore, if you are a legal concealed firearms carrier, notify the Match Director when arriving so we can appropriately and safely unload you.

We look forward to seeing you at the match!

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, or email frederickidpa@gmail.com for quickest response.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Bump. This match is this coming weekend. Looks like the morning squads have filled up, but there's space in the afternoon.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Registration closes at 0800 tomorrow (Friday, 4Feb17.). See original post for match details.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    ok i'm in for am and pm (though i had to give a fake email to re-register for pm, which i just figured out means i won't get a squadding email...). i'll give my usual pitch for more rounds and more stages!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    ok i'm in for am and pm (though i had to give a fake email to re-register for pm, which i just figured out means i won't get a squadding email...). i'll give my usual pitch for more rounds and more stages!
    How did I know I'd hear that?

Also, let me know which squads you want, & I'll add you from here. I think we (maybe you & @fidelity actually) will be running only one squad (3) in the afternoon unless I get hit with a handful of registrations today.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    How did I know I'd hear that?

yeah i know, broken record, cody's tired of me as well...

i'll let you make the call re squadding, whatever works best and can certainly change around on game day. trying to get my BIL to also attend.

thanks, david

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, that was serious fun today! Probably the best series of stages at a Frederick IWLA IDPA match, and the afternoon weather turned out to be almost pleasant. The stages would warm you up with movement, such that the slight chill in the air felt great.

TTMD, you outdid yourself, again, with creative and fun stage designs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Wow, that was serious fun today! Probably the best series of stages at a Frederick IWLA IDPA match, and the afternoon weather turned out to be almost pleasant. The stages would warm you up with movement, such that the slight chill in the air felt great.

TTMD, you outdid yourself, again, with creative and fun stage designs.

Thanks Fidelity, it was a fun time, and I really appreciate everyone who came out to shoot with us. It was a good crowd, and a lot of fun. We'll definitely be seeing some of those stages again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom