• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Can we hear the stolen guns story?
    Sure... he said he had been broken into (didn't ask him if the guns were secured) and they got a couple of fairly new Mini14's, left an older one and they got his Sig 226. He was pissed about that one, cause apparently he had worked for DEA at one point and it had saved his life. I didn't pry too much, but he was fairly sure it was someone that knew what they were looking for.

Interestingly, he said he got one (the one they didn't take) from Bob's Coin and Guns and they had the S/N of that one on record, but not the two newer ones, one purchased at Bass Pro and the other at another box store (I think it was Dicks). They were not able to retrieve the S/N's of those two..

FNG

Jun 12, 2013
    Frederick
    Sure... he said he had been broken into (didn't ask him if the guns were secured) and they got a couple of fairly new Mini14's, left an older one and they got his Sig 226. He was pissed about that one, cause apparently he had worked for DEA at one point and it had saved his life. I didn't pry too much, but he was fairly sure it was someone that knew what they were looking for.

Interestingly, he said he got one (the one they didn't take) from Bob's Coin and Guns and they had the S/N of that one on record, but not the two newer ones, one purchased at Bass Pro and the other at another box store (I think it was Dicks). They were not able to retrieve the S/N's of those two..
    Well dang, thats sucks. Thanks for sharing and glad you made it out mostly ok this morning.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Even if the driver jumped he would have been killed instantly.He was speeding way to fast for the road conditions IMO. I hope he was killed when he landed down below before the gas went up in the fireball. That is a painful horrible way to go. I cant help but wonder if he knew he was dead when he slammed on his brakes when he saw the accident up ahead. I also think that he decided to drive into the jersey wall and have the tank go over in order to save the people on the bridge as well. Most truck drivers that I know would rather drive their truck into the ditch in order to save a life then to kill them with their truck. When a driver make the decision to drive a gas tanker they accept the fact the chances of them being killed go way up as well. My son drives a truck for a living and that is my greatest fear that he will be killed in a truck wreck..

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Neighbor to the ramp is saying the trucker survived the crash and was screaming. Burning to death has to be one of the worse ways to go

Feb 28, 2013
    I was wonderin' what y'all woulda had to say 'bout this, since it's been the source o' some hoohah on my other home.

Watchin' that vid 'bout really freaked me out, 'cuz I was out in the mess myself truckin' around tryin' to make my way down to Delmar.

Y'all can take comfort in that guy gittin' killed on impact with the ground. I'd bet on it.

This is the feller in question...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-ci-tanker-driver-identified-20161223-story.html

He was only 31, so he couldn't been drivin' fer too awful long.

He screwed up big time by goin' WAY too fast fer conditions. That's also the mark of inexperience, 'cuz a seasoned driver woulda been expectin' bridges to be at the very least, a lil' bit dicey. I certainly did when I left the house at 4:00 AM that mornin'.

Remember folks. Bridges and overpasses freeze FIRST, at ALL times. This is what happens when ya ain't mindful o' that.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I was wonderin' what y'all woulda had to say 'bout this, since it's been the source o' some hoohah on my other home.

Watchin' that vid 'bout really freaked me out, 'cuz I was out in the mess myself truckin' around tryin' to make my way down to Delmar.

Y'all can take comfort in that guy gittin' killed on impact with the ground. I'd bet on it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-ci-tanker-driver-identified-20161223-story.html

He screwed up big time by goin' WAY too fast fer conditions. That's also the mark of inexperience, 'cuz a seasoned driver woulda been expectin' bridges to be at the very least, a lil' bit dicey. I certainly did when I left the house at 4:00 AM that mornin'.

Remember folks. Bridges and overpasses freeze FIRST, at ALL times. This is what happens when ya ain't mindful o' that.

SB!!!!!

Welcome home, my friend.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

So the 6, 8 or 10 truckers after him that lost it and slammed into the same accident must have been rookies also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom