Votes: 4 44.4%
    • Lack of Variety

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

epc3762

Dec 30, 2007
    Forest Hill, Maryland
    If I could have I would have chosen "all of the above".
    I second that.... Very poorl! The next worst thing was wasteing seven doolars each for me and my wife! My neighbor has a better collection to choose from than that! The
    Bar-b-q was nasty too. Was more fun to drive there then seeing the show. Didn't buy a thing Gun or outdoor related.

Last edited:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    It's a Maryland gun show - what do you expect? I mostly don't even bother to be honest, unless I need cleaning supplies or just want to kill an afternoon. I much prefer Dulles or the Harrisburg PA shows.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    All of the above.

Frank Krasner - are you listening? Do you care?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It was sadly typical, as SGS gun shows go. I really hoped the big ammo vendor who was there a couple of years ago would be back, but they weren't. Vendors were selling ammo for 50% to 100% over mail order and Wal-Mart/BassPro prices!

One vendor was selling AR15 LPK's for $65, whereas their own mail-order price was just $59!!! WHAT!? So, in addition to gas, and entry fee, I'm supposed to pay jacked-up prices?

Next time I'll just stay home and burn $20 in the fireplace. At least it'll keep me warm.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If you weren't there Saturday after 3 pm, you didn't smell anything. They brought the bulls in about 1pm, by 3pm you could smell it thourghout. Sunday mourning, wasn't bad at all. By 5pm on Saturday, everyone wanted out of there. I can't imagine how the vendors closest to the rodeo could manage to keep down their lunches. It was really bad. Our tables were second row from the other end, and we could smell it.

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    I don't go to Silverado gun shows anymore, there are few vendors, and the prices are quite high.

I wish I could remember the business name, but I approached a woman who was selling mostly ammo and a few shotguns and asked about a case price on some wolf .223, of which I was planning to buy 1-2000 rounds. She refused to sell me rifle ammo because I am 19. WTF? I asked her If I could buy a shotgun and she said that would be fine. So they were williing to sell me a shotgun but not ammunition.

Stupid people Dissapoint me.

bmdmc

Nov 8, 2007
    I wish I could remember the business name, but I approached a woman who was selling mostly ammo and a few shotguns and asked about a case price on some wolf .223, of which I was planning to buy 1-2000 rounds. She refused to sell me rifle ammo because I am 19. WTF? I asked her If I could buy a shotgun and she said that would be fine. So they were williing to sell me a shotgun but not ammunition.

Stupid people Dissapoint me.

Buy it online, you would probably get it cheaper.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I worked the show and it sucked. We were right next to the smokehouse, across from the cow shit. I had to wash my clothes three times to get the smell out. All the food tasted like fish, even the fries. As far as both ammo and guns go, we only sell to people over 21. For the people selling that ammo, that can get technical as you must be 21 to buy pistol ammo, and there are some 'pistol' .223s (although they are not MD legal). Additionally, we have had some 18/19 year olds buy shotguns and then have their parents raise a fit on us and want to return it after the gun was shot. In the past, it has been a real cluster to my understanding. None the less, it sucks for the guys under 21 who are just trying to have some honest fun. :(

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't want to end on a sad note. On a good note, the Beef Jerky people were there and all I can say is TRY THEIR LIQUORISH (sp?). Sour Apple is great as it Red Raspberry and its reasonably priced.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I guess I’m the only person that attended the show and thought it relatively decent for a “local” Maryland show. I did vote that I wished prices were better (lack of real world pricing), but that’s been a pretty standard complaint in the State for a while. Also, it would be nice if there were more vendors, but they’d probably find something (real or imagined) to complain about, so I guess it’s better they stay home so I don’t have to listen to the bitchin’. With the ongoing economic downturn, I’m sure we’ll see a “correction” in prices for firearms. No more “re-fi” money driving up the prices. I doubt ammo and accessories will drop anytime soon though.

I was pleased to pick up some new brass (.357, .41 and .44), some plated 9mm bullets from Neal, really clean ammo cans, and a pretty smokin’ deal on a S&W Model 66 from Shooters Discount.

All in all, since I’m only 15 minutes away from the AG Center, the show was a better deal than some of the Frederick and Upper Marlboro shows. I’m getting to the point where I’d rather drive the hour to York/Harrisburg for a show than Frederick.

BTW, since I live in the boonies, cow poop doesn’t smell bad to me, it’s “Country Perfume.” :D

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom