Anyone heading to Chantilly for the Nations Gun show?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    I plan to be there after my errands which I will be done at 2pm hopefully, if not, I will just swing by on sunday since i just need to get a few things for my 10/22 that I am doing right now...

Just wanna a OM Hogue Tan Stock and a scope that I hope to find in a good price ...and maybe some ammo to stockpile for the winter to have it ready in the spring to go out and shooting..
    Don't forget to get some DEER slugs, while your there. :innocent0 :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    As a favor, could anyone going today keep your eye out for .223 AK mags? I just want to know what's there (style/price wise). So I know to bring my rifle or not.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Just got back and made out like a bandit on some ammo. Found a guy who had some Federal Gold Match .308 for $18 a box. Bought 10 boxes from him and also picked up some Privi .308 match for $14 a box to see if my 700 likes those. Also got a sealed tin of 7.62x54R for $40. Deals were there if you had the cash. Saw a bunch of semi-auto AUGs for 2200-2500, J&T Distributers had some nice AR uppers and shot the shit for a bit with the guy from a class III dealer, forget the company but he let me fondle the guns that cost more than my first 2 cars combined. All in all a good show. I stood out front of the show on the left hand side for about 5 minutes before the show opened up but no one approached me so I didnt get to meet anyone from the forums. Maybe next show.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Just got back and made out like a bandit on some ammo. Found a guy who had some Federal Gold Match .308 for $18 a box. Bought 10 boxes from him and also picked up some Privi .308 match for $14 a box to see if my 700 likes those. Also got a sealed tin of 7.62x54R for $40. Deals were there if you had the cash. Saw a bunch of semi-auto AUGs for 2200-2500, J&T Distributers had some nice AR uppers and shot the shit for a bit with the guy from a class III dealer, forget the company but he let me fondle the guns that cost more than my first 2 cars combined. All in all a good show. I stood out front of the show on the left hand side for about 5 minutes before the show opened up but no one approached me so I didnt get to meet anyone from the forums. Maybe next show.

How much were AR uppers going for? I'm looking for this (A2 or A3 is fine): http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=541102

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Not too sure on how much the 11.5 with 5 inch flashider was going for. The guys from J&T should be able to work with you, they were even building custom uppers for people while the waited. Their table was pretty much in the middle near the left rear. There was another custom AR upper guy I think Tony's Customs was his place and its to the far left about 2 sections up. Good guy and decent prices too. For the guy in the other thread asking about Mosin Nagants, the average price was $99 and one table on the left had 91/30s for $89. Dont even bother to go to the Dark Sun table, he has the best prices on most of the older guns but will not sell to Marylanders for any reason.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Sweet. I can't wait to go. Looks like I'm getting mags and an upper! Probably some other knick-knacks as well like MagPul followers and 20-rd AR mags. Maybe a few more surplus 30-rounders. They're only $6 a piece why not?! :beer:

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I went there today after my class,

I was kinda of disappointed not getting the products for my 10/22 as i was looking for a OM Hogue Green/Black/tan stock and there were NONE to be found

:mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

but I got 1k Round of .40 that would last me a while since I just realized that I had more stocked somewhere where my other stuff was covering it :lol:

I guess I should go online and buy it one from those sites which i will be going to rimfire fourm and find a good deal there ...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I picked up a Mosin Model 44 w/ 100rd of ammo for $120(taxes and a $5 BS "Call-in" fee)

Then I picked up 135rds of brass cased non-corrosive 7.62x54r for $30 (I couldn't find anyone selling cheap corrosive shit except for the 100rds that came with the rifle I bought)
    Really wishing I'd have came across this :mad54:
    Also got a sealed tin of 7.62x54R for $40.

Then I picked up a scope mount for my AR for $50

Then magazines...I got 6 30rd AR mags still in the plastic for $10/each and 2 30rd AK mags (Bulgarian plastic waffle mags) for $20 each(not totally happy with that deal, but it was the best I saw around the show)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Numidian, the Bulgarian waffle mags (30 rds) are $26 from K-VAR directly. That's before shipping. I'd gladly pay $20/ea, but $15 would be better :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Like I said, it was the best I saw, but I'd have much preferred them to be $10 like the AR mags :lol::lol:

I saw some black polymer Pro-Mag .223 AK mags, that were patterned like the Bulgarian waffle-style ones. I know better than to buy Pro-Mag, looked harder and found the clear smoke Bulgarian ones for $30 a piece. I only got one, since I was running out of cash...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom