• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    +1 for Norton's response.

There could be a few reasons for the place being empty. One, is the holidays are coming. Two, money isn't flowing right now. Three, is O'Malley's tax hike, people are afraid to spent money now because we don't know how much they are going to be paying later.

I thought some of the dealers had some reasonable prices on their products. You just had to hunt for the deal. I found an Yugo AK underfolder for $540, cheapest I have found in the state. I didn't buy it, so it is still there. I did buy 9x18 makarov ammo for a great deal. $115 for a case, that is cheaper than I have found anywhere. Some outrageous prices I saw, $120 for an M44 or M91/30. $12,000 for an AK-47!! (Well maybe it wasn't THAT bad of a deal considering it was a legally transferable full-auto.)

Just about a year ago I went to Upper Marlboro and the place was packed!! There were so many people there buying stuff that I couldn't even find what I wanted and the dealers prices were still high. A few of the reasons the place may have been packed then was of the possible bans and it was right after tax season so people were spending their refunds. I am sure next year when there are more proposed bans you will see the place packed again.

I saw several deals as well. I've just have a couple of firearms projects going on right now (as well as having to make a choice between a wood stove installed for 4K or dropping 8K on new windows for the house-have to keep warm one way or another:sad20:...)and didn't want to stretch myself. I actually considered the FA AK for the future, until I found out the HK G3 was "only" 15K. I'd spend the extra three grand to go from an AK to an HK and from x 39 to x 51:D. I actually have a "full auto" fund and I'm about half way there. If I'd stop buying all of the other firearms, I could probably get it in a year or two. I just think in the future, if the political climate shifts as we fear, it's the EBR's and other scary semi autos that are going to be targeted. I think the NFA classed items will be safe for a while. This is why I'm loading up now- before panic buying from the rest of the masses starts after the elections. I'll circle back around for the "fun gun" while everyone else is in long lines buying up AR's, AK's, and FAL's.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Worst gun show I've ever been to... $150 Mosin Nagants...(wait, there was one for $99 and it was the most beat up half destroyed Nagant I've ever seen...) No good ammo deals... And half of one entire row was little buddhas and trinkets... WTF? It's a gun show not a goddamn flea market.

Chris, I'll send you a pm

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I thought I did pretty good. Spent $440 for 14 Colt AR-15 20 round surplus mags, a 1,000 round case of 9x18 makarov ammo, 5 military contract 1911 mags, 2 surplus P38 mags, and one jumbo and two small ammo cans.

Most of the dealers were high on their prices. You had to hunt for the deals. I saw $120 for Mosin Nagant's which I thought was high. I also saw $540 for a Yugo AK-47 underfolder w/mag which is the best deal I have seen in MD. My best deal was $115 for the case of 9x18 ammo.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    how was the gun show

It hardly qualified as a "gun show", but it was better than nothing. I picked up a 20" A3 Bushmaster for slightly less than MSRP, which is good for MD. In reality it wouldn't be worth the drive if you are more than 30 minutes or so away.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    It hardly qualified as a "gun show", but it was better than nothing. I picked up a 20" A3 Bushmaster for slightly less than MSRP, which is good for MD. In reality it wouldn't be worth the drive if you are more than 30 minutes or so away.

BIG +1

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville

Agreed. I made three laps, stopping at almost every table to look at something, in an hour. I did however, buy a Dewey cleaning rod from Top Hat Guy, and a Magpul MIAD grip for my AR project from someone else. I just don't feel right walking out of a gun show without purchasing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom