• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    If anyone else is looking for lodging, Williamsburg is a about an hour away and is a tourist destination with many hotels. It will probably be off season rates.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Looks like the commonwealth is heading for a showdown. The "antis" just may have overplayed their hand on this issue. I see where Accomack County is the latest to consider sanctuary status.

We (Accomack) got a resolution passed last night in support of the second amendment, but stopping short of Sanctuary County. :sad20:

Considering this is the county that produced a "Northam" to begin with, maybe that was better than we could hope for.

Had basically two of nine supervisors solidly with us, several solidly against us and the others went along with their ring leader, Robert Crockett, who, while not the Chairman, is most certainly the "Chairman", if you catch my drift. "I have heard" (legal liability disclaimer) he quite thoroughly berated a constituent in a local bakery/coffee shop, calling them (and us) idiots for signing the petition and saying we should move to Russia if we don't like it. The man he (supposedly) berated was at the meeting last night to speak, and speak he did...

The saddest thing is, many residents were convinced that "their" supervisor would support this. Little did they actually know who they voted for. Just like voting for their "son of our beloved eastern shore, Ralph Northam" :mad54:

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    It looks like they are hell bent on starting a fight. I guess they think it will help them if they start a war and then can spin it to make the people out to look like domestic terrorists for standing up for their rights.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    It looks like they are hell bent on starting a fight. I guess they think it will help them if they start a war and then can spin it to make the people out to look like domestic terrorists for standing up for their rights.

There was a post over on M4C that brought up the whole intentional angle, but it was more about how forcing Trump to act.

Crack down on guns and he loses his base. Allow an open rebellion to to proceed (actual violent conflict, not just non compliance) and he loses moderates and independents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Normally, I'm a crotchety old NIMBY-type who says, "Go away, we're full!" However...I would be ok with welcoming a bunch of 2A refugee LEOs into MD. :mdpatriot I'm sure we could find work for them :innocent0

(whether they would face more gunfire in The Virginia Rebellion or a weekend walking the beat in Baltimurder is debatable though :o )

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Actually, this looks like a variation of the standard “no strike” provision that is in many public safety union contracts, just that this is in law form. Most public safety contracts have “no strike or lockout” clauses. As I read this, it seems to state that public safety employees can’t strike or come to work but refuse to perform their duties. Generally, these provisions are to assure the safety and protection of the community are not compromised.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Actually, this looks like a variation of the standard “no strike” provision that is in many public safety union contracts, just that this is in law form. Most public safety contracts have “no strike or lockout” clauses. As I read this, it seems to state that public safety employees can’t strike or come to work but refuse to perform their duties. Generally, these provisions are to assure the safety and protection of the community are not compromised.

But not in this case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom