• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Immediate opening. Normal 40 hour week with some OT potential, pay rate $15-18 an hour based on experience. Send me a PM if interested.

Job description:

The position will be responsible for construction of custom and standard made crates for the safe transport of goods and equipment to vendors and customers domestically and internationally. Position requires securing items packed in a container or on a flatbed.

Position Responsibilities:

Knowledge of wood mathematics
    Good knowledge of woodworking
    Skilled in the use of all types of hand and power tools used to fabricate boxes / crates. Tools includes: cordless drills, table / panel saws, pneumatic tools, nail guns, radial arm saw

Position Requirements:

Experience using hoists and cranes
    Lift heavy items
    Efficient with deadlines
    Highly motivated
    Maintain a safe clean working area
    Forklift experience a plus

Benefits:

Paid time off
    Medical, dental, and vision insurance

Job Type: Full-time

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    That actually sounds like a fun job. I used to block and brace equipment in the military when we deployed. Alas, but my wonder years are now behind me. ;)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Just don't hire anyone that has work experience at Amazon , it is a wonder the crap they box up ever makes it . I have gotten empty boxes and bags ...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just don't hire anyone that has work experience at Amazon , it is a wonder the crap they box up ever makes it . I have gotten empty boxes and bags ...

I hate to pollute the purity of Bertfish's thread for help wanted (forgive me brother) but still have to comment.

Yer right Welder; Amazon uses an ungodly amount of material to package and ship a single small item at times. They are not tree huggers for sure.

As far as working with wood... Crazy story. I know an E5 and a E7 in the 3rd ACR @ Ft Bliss, Texas. They both worked in the S4 section and one day they were cutting plywood together to make a hard shell on the back of a M35A2.

So the E7 is zipping his circular saw down a sheet of plywood with the E5 holding it and all of the sudden the E5 jerks back and screams at him "You cut my thumb off" Sure enough... Ol' Sarge neatly separated his subordinate's thumb nail just above the first joint :D

A shop rag applied as he went to the dispensary. He could still function fine after that and it was sort of funny thereafter.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I hate to pollute the purity of Bertfish's thread for help wanted (forgive me brother) but still have to comment.

Yer right Welder; Amazon uses an ungodly amount of material to package and ship a single small item at times. They are not tree huggers for sure.

As far as working with wood... Crazy story. I know an E5 and a E7 in the 3rd ACR @ Ft Bliss, Texas. They both worked in the S4 section and one day they were cutting plywood together to make a hard shell on the back of a M35A2.

So the E7 is zipping his circular saw down a sheet of plywood with the E5 holding it and all of the sudden the E5 jerks back and screams at him "You cut my thumb off" Sure enough... Ol' Sarge neatly separated his subordinate's thumb nail just above the first joint :D

A shop rag applied as he went to the dispensary. He could still function fine after that and it was sort of funny thereafter.

Fortunately I know of no such instances of bodily damage in our shop

Years ago they had a guy killed in the old vertical lathe though. And one blown up when he struck an arc in a compartment which had been freshly painted.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    The only way anyone is getting killed at this job now is: not looking before crossing the street, or you could be impaled by one of the novice forklift drivers. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom