No email on 7th day, status is "Second review".

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shaner

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    I understand I may be rather impatient, but I was hoping to collect my new revolver today. I went down and completed all my paperwork last Tuesday, the 16th, however this morning, I did not receive my email, and when I logged in to check the status, I am under "Second Review".

Has anyone seen this before? DO I just need to sit tight? I thought the 7 day wait was pretty automated, and it sent the email on the morning of the 7th day.

Thanks.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I understand I may be rather impatient, but I was hoping to collect my new revolver today. I went down and completed all my paperwork last Tuesday, the 16th, however this morning, I did not receive my email, and when I logged in to check the status, I am under "Second Review".

Has anyone seen this before? DO I just need to sit tight? I thought the 7 day wait was pretty automated, and it sent the email on the morning of the 7th day.

Thanks.

The last 77r I did about 2 months ago went into second review on day 7 and I got the "not disapproved" the next day. I was not happy about it. Seems the state has a backlog with all the BS going on these days.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    State of MD having IT issues? Say it ain't so. Ask anybody who tried to get unemployment benefits recently.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Application submitted May 11, "not disapproved" on May 19. I take the 7 day wait to mean starting the following day of submission.
    This is the way it has always worked for me. Not Disapproved email always received at 6:00am on the 8th day including the day I did the paperwork at the FFL.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Interesting tidbit from the MSP portal! Damn they must be swamped with 77R’s!!!

BEGINNING ON TUESDAY, JUNE 23RD, 77R APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED 8 DAYS PRIOR WILL HAVE COMPLIED WITH THE MANDATORY 7-DAY WAITING PERIOD AS PER MD PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE, § 5-123(A) AND WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR TRANSFER TO THE APPLICANT. THE MD STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION ENCOURAGES REGULATED FIREARMS DEALERS (RFD) NOT TO TRANSFER THESE FIREARMS UNTIL BACKGROUNDS CHECKS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED; HOWEVER, SHOULD THE RFD ELECT TO EXERCISE THEIR STATUTORY OPTION TO RELEASE THE FIREARM ON THE 8TH DAY, THE RFD SHALL COMPLY WITH THE PROCEDURES SET FORTH IN ADVISORY LD-FRU-20-002 WHICH CAN BE LOCATED IN THE DOCUMENTS SECTION OF THE REGULATED FIREARMS DEALERS PAGE OF THE MD STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION WEBPAGE.

Shaner

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    The last time I bought was a year ago, and I got the email at 6am on the 7th day. Tuesday-Tuesday.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Mine submitted on 18th is the same. I think kind of a suspension due to the IT issues. Tuesday to Tuesday is seven days, first Tuesday is ‘ground zero’. At least that is how it usually worked out for me.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does the gov count hours or days? Honestly, I don't see the big sweat over a day. On the eighth day, you should get a "not disapproved". Having waited seven days, the notice should land on the eighth day.
    I admit, it's been a while for me...

We wait up to a year for NFA decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom