• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I am using internet thru Quantum Internet in Manchester. I have always had some problems using multiple internet items at the same time, but lately it has gotten worse. Quantum says that I have the most I can for where I live, but it is now not enough. I am using Hulu, Youtube Tv, and Prime. My one tv has all of them installed on it. the other two I am using Chromecast

I am looking for some recommendations on other providers for landline phone and internet.

What say you?

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I am using internet thru Quantum Internet in Manchester. I have always had some problems using multiple internet items at the same time, but lately it has gotten worse. Quantum says that I have the most I can for where I live, but it is now not enough. I am using Hulu, Youtube Tv, and Prime. My one tv has all of them installed on it. the other two I am using Chromecast

I am looking for some recommendations on other providers for landline phone and internet.

What say you?

TMobile home internet is one option. Another is Starlink. Needs a pricey receiver on the latter but decent speeds from most accounts.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks. I will look into them. Will they work with the landline phone too?

They will work with VoIP. Ooma and other VoIP providers will route your landline phones over any internet connection. Generally cheaper than Verizon. Downside is if your internet goes down, so does your phone. Hope that helps.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Dont use the tv for any crap.

Place an intermediate between and just feed an HDMI signal.:innocent0

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    TMobile home internet is one option. Another is Starlink. Needs a pricey receiver on the latter but decent speeds from most accounts.

T-mobile does have that option. as mentioned, would suggest it.
    anything "SAT" related I would avoid like the plague. Too many
    "caps" and or restrictions on the amount of data, most throttle
    back once a certain amount of data has been reached, also if it
    rains medium - hard you will lose the signal. But check all the
    details aka: "fine print" to see how they handle streaming services
    is it all "data" some say yes, very few say no, they want you to get
    their packages... there is only so much data you can "funnel" into
    the connection, thats why all providers say "upto speed XXX"
    just a thought

-Rock

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Quantum is in Manchester. I am in Eldersburg. Comcast does service Eburg, but they nickel and dime you on everything.

I’ve got commiecast tv and internet. Double play package. Paying about $140/mth but I have the HD tv package, 200 Mbps internet speed and Commiecast modem rented for $14/mth. I run Amazon firestick on both TVs with absolutely no issues. I still have Verizon for my landline and have kept my Verizon dsl as backup.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Quantum is in Manchester. I am in Eldersburg. Comcast does service Eburg, but they nickel and dime you on everything.

We are at 90 dollars a month for internet with Comcast.

We bought our own modem and router so we do not have the "rental" fees from them.

We do not have cable or telephone service.

I don't feel like we are being nickeled and dimed by them...perhaps over charged...not but not nickeled and dimed as you described.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA

What say you?
    Check your connect speed directly from the cable modem. If you are in a crowded area, lots of close neighbors, there can be interference issue with wifi. The 5 gig band is better than the 2.4 gig band if your devices support it. You may need to update your wifi router, it may not be able to handle your devices well.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom