• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You can't. Kyle will squash you like a bug and I will watch.

I have been collecting the 168 gr and have a couple boxes of 175. It shoots so well at 200 with 168. I thought that would cut it.
    You are the second person to tell me about the 175's. I can only test out to 200 so a comparison is in order.
    I am really excited to go!

The 168’s are ok out to about 700. Problem is when they go transonic they become very unstable. 175 do much better beyond that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Do you guys shoot suppressed at these distances? Does it make a difference either way? I have sighted in with the can on at 200.

Hey Doc, let me know when you go to give her a test run....

I always shoot suppressed. Much quieter for me and those next to me and lessens recoil a little. Shot my last long range match with a buddy who was using a 300 WinMag with a brake, holy hell is that loud when I’m laying next to him.

Yeah. I just hope I get to hear the ding. This is brand new to me.

Will do. I have a few boxes of ammo. Maybe this weekend if I get the scope mount in. Supposed to be here Thursday.

I don't plan on shooting suppressed.

That ding is oh so sweet, the sound of victory!

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Teratos,

I woke up excited for you as I was thinking about this 1000+ Yard .260. My closest caliber I have shot to that is a stock Model 70 in .270 from around late 1940's to just before 1955.

Back in the day before all the BS of 2 A rights infringements and outright violations to our safety and over reach of government zealots, I used to pore over the writings of Jeff Cooper, Larry Weishuhn, Jack O'Connor, Masaad Ayoob, etc and dream of saving up to buy some of the best tools I could find in order to pursue my love of all things hunting and shooting. At this, I purchased my first gun, a BDL Speedmaster 22 back around 1987. My goal was to add various hunting calibers such as 22-250, 270, 30 06, .308, 7mm, 300 Weatherby Mag but got seriously limited by finances and as we all know, high cost and availability of ammo/components etc.

Doc, if you don't mind, one day I may PM you and ask for more info on .260 vs. say .270, 25-06, 6.5 Creedmoor. I may read up on these, but then again, I may just bend your ear a bit too.

That is it for now. Can't wait to hear the reviews and stories once you get it and have time with it and all.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Caution: Long range is addicting. And with so few places where you can actually do it, it makes it hard to get your fix. Congrats on the trade :thumbsup:

I just read an article in Field and Stream entitled: "Why the 6.5CM sucks", and one of the reasons was that the .260rem still exists.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    NICE.

Too bad you just missed the Sport Optics 15% off sale. I picked up a Razor Gen 2 for my long range rifle.

If you want to make the trip down to Bang Steel, I would be willing to ride along and shoot with you. He has targets out to a mile. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Teratos,

I woke up excited for you as I was thinking about this 1000+ Yard .260. My closest caliber I have shot to that is a stock Model 70 in .270 from around late 1940's to just before 1955.

Back in the day before all the BS of 2 A rights infringements and outright violations to our safety and over reach of government zealots, I used to pore over the writings of Jeff Cooper, Larry Weishuhn, Jack O'Connor, Masaad Ayoob, etc and dream of saving up to buy some of the best tools I could find in order to pursue my love of all things hunting and shooting. At this, I purchased my first gun, a BDL Speedmaster 22 back around 1987. My goal was to add various hunting calibers such as 22-250, 270, 30 06, .308, 7mm, 300 Weatherby Mag but got seriously limited by finances and as we all know, high cost and availability of ammo/components etc.

Doc, if you don't mind, one day I may PM you and ask for more info on .260 vs. say .270, 25-06, 6.5 Creedmoor. I may read up on these, but then again, I may just bend your ear a bit too.

That is it for now. Can't wait to hear the reviews and stories once you get it and have time with it and all.
    Thanks! Any time. You may know more than I do, but I have been reading as well!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I was talking to rj1974 this weekend about my plans to build a 1000 yard capable rifle. Told him what I wanted to do with it, and that I was planning on selling a Colt 901 in 6.5 CM to finance it. A little later he called me and said a buddy of ours had almost exactly what I was planning on having built, and he was interested in trading for the 901. Here she is. Trued Remington 700 receiver. It was barreled by E.R. Shaw in .260 Remington. They did a beautiful job on the action that moves like butter. 1.5 lb Timney trigger. Bell & Carlson Medalist stock. I’m waiting for a lower scope mount to get here, but will top it with a 5.5-22x Nightforce scope. Can’t wait to stretch its legs!

Very nice. That’s a sexy LR set up! Just picked up my first savage in 308. Let me know when you get out. I’m likely going to be looking for new glass and stock at some point, but excited to get back behind a rifle. Been a while. Shoot well

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Very nice. That’s a sexy LR set up! Just picked up my first savage in 308. Let me know when you get out. I’m likely going to be looking for new glass and stock at some point, but excited to get back behind a rifle. Been a while. Shoot well

Will do. Got my scope mount in today. Hope to sight in over the weekend.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Posted in wrong thread :)

BTW nice looking rifle. Unfortunately I don't have the eyesight or skills to ever properly appreciate a tool like that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I got the Nightforce direct mount for the 700. MUCH better than the high mount.

Attachments

• BF132198-578D-42B7-9662-7BA3616DCE62.jpg
      BF132198-578D-42B7-9662-7BA3616DCE62.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 122

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    I got the Nightforce direct mount for the 700. MUCH better than the high mount.

Cool mount! Though I had seen it all. I have Leopold rings and bases on my older 700 in 7mm rem mag. That looks like the cats meow! Nice scope too. Way above my budget. At least the wife says so?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Cool mount! Though I had seen it all. I have Leopold rings and bases on my older 700 in 7mm rem mag. That looks like the cats meow! Nice scope too. Way above my budget. At least the wife says so?

Sooo….I love PayPal credit. Several times a year they do 24 months with 0% interest. I just keep $400 a month going to my account and it covers everything. Wife doesn’t notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom