• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Glorious. They already accept my permit, but it's still a win. I spend a lot of time down there.

The session is almost up, so this may come up in the veto session which is 40 days after the legislative session ends (so mid-July?).

If they manage to get this through then constitutional carry will officially be the plurality in the country.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Senate has concurred with the amended House bill, should be headed to the Governor soon. Vote was veto proof again.

The session is almost up, so this may come up in the veto session which is 40 days after the legislative session ends (so mid-July?).

If they manage to get this through then constitutional carry will officially be the plurality in the country.

Which is meaningless to those behind the iron curtain. It's clear we have at least 2 castes of citizens in this country. Those who are "allowed" to carry for self defense and those who "allowed" to die...

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Which is meaningless to those behind the iron curtain. It's clear we have at least 2 castes of citizens in this country. Those who are "allowed" to carry for self defense and those who "allowed" to die...

Eh, it still helps. MD and their far left ilk are becoming EXTREME outliers. Hard to justify an unobtainable carry permit when so many states require nothing. It also kills the blood in the streets BS.

Eh, it still helps. MD and their far left ilk are becoming EXTREME outliers. Hard to justify an unobtainable carry permit when so many states require nothing. It also kills the blood in the streets BS.

Way more than half of the states now have shall issue permited carry or constitutional carry which has had zero influence on this and other commie states. They don't need to justify any of their extreme gun control because they can't. They lie and prop up those lies with false statics. In case you haven't noticed liberals dont conceed they were wrong...ever .instead they double down on their failed policies. Every state that currently has shall issue could pass constitutional carry and people like Frosh would claim they all would become like the wild wild west.. Louisiana's constitutional carry will have zero impact on Maryland's ability to infringe..in fact the lefties will twist it to gather support for more illegal gun control..

I think a lot of it has to do with revenue. I believe the governor of Louisiana has already made a statement saying he wasn’t pro CC because of all the permit fees they would loose. It’s disgusting that they can make statements like that publicly and many constituents won’t even bat an eye.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I think a lot of it has to do with revenue. I believe the governor of Louisiana has already made a statement saying he wasn’t pro CC because of all the permit fees they would loose. It’s disgusting that they can make statements like that publicly and many constituents won’t even bat an eye.

In the past a lot of states didn't experience this massive drop of permit revenue once they went ConCarry.
    It could be different in LA though as they will be surrounded by other ConCarry states.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Simple fix. Just start issuing permits with fees for people who spread progressive BS on any media platform. Probably unconstitutional just like permits to bear arms so only issue the BS permits for as long as they issued bear arms permits. Then they could try permits to attend church.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NRA/status/1408475105634705414
    Governor vetoed the bill. They’ll have a veto override session next month.
    As long as all the votes hold they can override.

That may be the end of him. Last race was kinda close, and with Biden souring moderates, it won't take much to push him out.
    "This liberal doesn't trust you with a pistol," will go a long way.

(Posted from Sunny NOLA with a pistol on my person.)

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I was under the assumption that the veto session was automatic, however it seems for decades at least one of the chambers has gathered a majority of signatures to scrap the veto session.
    But the Governor also vetoed a trans sports ban in schools so there’s more incentive this year than just Constitutional Carry. However both bills need a few Democrats votes to remain for the override.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I was under the assumption that the veto session was automatic, however it seems for decades at least one of the chambers has gathered a majority of signatures to scrap the veto session.
    But the Governor also vetoed a trans sports ban in schools so there’s more incentive this year than just Constitutional Carry. However both bills need a few Democrats votes to remain for the override.

What's with all these Republican govs going against trans sports bans? They're going to lose the women vote completely. Women are pissed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What's with all these Republican govs going against trans sports bans? They're going to lose the women vote completely. Women are pissed.

They are? I can’t understand why most women would be angry about this. Not many women want to compete against men in their sporting events.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

FWIW the Gov of Louisiana is a Dem, but you may have already known that.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    He signed 443 bills into law!

Who knew LA was the wild west bordering on anarchy before this session.

And that applies to both gov and legislature.

I'm sure MD is no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom