AAR: TOC (Matt Watson) Vehicle Ambush Tactics - Pistol, Kearneysville, WV 5-2-2021

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Post here:
    https://thehebrewhammer.net/2021/05/04/toc-vehicle-ambush-tactics-pistol-aar

Really enjoyed this class. Working in/around vehicles was a new skill, so there were a whole lot of learning moments for me. Plus, when else are you going to get to shoot in a car?

I also meant what I said in the post: Matt Watson is a real gem of an instructor, and does not get the recognition he deserves for what he offers.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It definitely makes me think wearing ballistic eyepro at all times is a fantastic plan. :P

They pull double duty. Nothing wrong at night wearing clear in case you're in a collision.

I used to wear them at night when I was working the street. Naturally during the day I was wearing some sort of WileyX sunglass.

Must be 25 years ago easily, I heard Ayoob say that he keeps 1 pair of eye pro in his vehicles for each passenger.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Looks like a lot was squeezed into that one day.
    The subject area is huge, to be sure. Hard to practice on your own, too... not a lot of shooting ranges let you drive your car on them, and not a lot of spouses who are enthralled with getting gun powder and carbon all over the car. :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The subject area is huge, to be sure. Hard to practice on your own, too... not a lot of shooting ranges let you drive your car on them, and not a lot of spouses who are enthralled with getting gun powder and carbon all over the car. :)

Mobility is survivability, right?

You can practice taking your seat belt off as you are coming into parking. Getting out of that bullet magnet quickly and efficiently is the most important thing.
    Popping off rounds in the Wal Mart parking lot is frowned upon. lol

Not car related, but the way I practice keeping my "chicken wing" down, is tucking my elbow into my body when I raise my glass to take a drink. Like the glass/can/cup is the grip.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009

As with so many things, the shooting part is the "easy" part. Periodically, after each of the classes I've taken that involved vehicle work (4 or 5 now), I've spent time in my car in my garage with my unloaded gun (or SIRT) practicing all the movement around the car, the exiting the car, seatbelt work, movement within the car itself, etc. Easy enough to do even if my garage floor is unforgiving.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    As with so many things, the shooting part is the "easy" part. Periodically, after each of the classes I've taken that involved vehicle work (4 or 5 now), I've spent time in my car in my garage with my unloaded gun (or SIRT) practicing all the movement around the car, the exiting the car, seatbelt work, movement within the car itself, etc. Easy enough to do even if my garage floor is unforgiving.
    If I had a garage, yeah, that would be good. Alas, the neighbors might get a little upset if I practiced bailout drills, SIRT or not.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    If I had a garage, yeah, that would be good. Alas, the neighbors might get a little upset if I practiced bailout drills, SIRT or not.

When we bought our current house 10 years ago, a garage was a must for me. If for no other reason, it's nice to load my car for classes and matches w/o nosy neighbors seeing what I'm doing.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    When we bought our current house 10 years ago, a garage was a must for me. If for no other reason, it's nice to load my car for classes and matches w/o nosy neighbors seeing what I'm doing.

*****This. I’m surrounded by mostly very anti-gun people in my neighborhood - several of whom are the very definition of a Karen and nosy neighbor. I have some nice Pelican and Plano rifle cases for traveling to the range with my AR’s and ammo in metal military ammo cases.

I’d rather not have issues with the screeching harpies who still wear their masks outside and alone in their cars even after being vaccinated and telling everybody in great detail about how wonderful it is knowing they are immune and how they can now walk to the mailbox or go to the store without dying of Covid. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom