• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    https://kogi-underground.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

As recommended by our Korean Taekwondo instructors, this is our favorite one hands down. Iron Age in Rockville is good but smokey and loud. No Honey Pig location has ever really impressed me but your mileage may vary.

+ 1 for Honey Pig BBQ

I've been there 5 times and it has been great.

I’ve never had real Korean BBQ before just the stuff that California Tortilla passes off as Korean BBQ. The menu for Honey Pig was a little confusing at first but How do the sides work? Also do they make this at your table similar to hibachi style food? I showed the family pics from the Honey Pig web site and they are all in.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I’ve never had real Korean BBQ before just the stuff that California Tortilla passes off as Korean BBQ. The menu for Honey Pig was a little confusing at first but How do the sides work? Also do they make this at your table similar to hibachi style food? I showed the family pics from the Honey Pig web site and they are all in.

I have only had it in Korea but my experience has been that you cook it yourself at the table. The servers just bring the raw food on plates.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Awesome, can't wait to try it :thumbsup:

You asked about sides...

Honey Pig used to be ala carte, someone told me they switched to AYCE. The one I linked to in Laurel is AYCE. The sides are brought out in the beginning and refilled as needed. Try the gochujang rice cakes on the grill.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    We ended up at Iron Age. Good stuff! But being from Southern MD I was disappointed that roadkill possum was not on the menu.

Attachments

• 20210422_203227.jpg
      20210422_203227.jpg
      105.4 KB · Views: 214

MaierApril

Oct 17, 2017
    For the future, jongro will be opening up in Wheaton soon. Well known chain from New York known for their quality meats.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    If it doesn’t look like this, it ain’t real Korean BBQ. And don’t forget the Soju!
    7f92e145793a106fc2bab8b64211037e.jpg
    1f5a0e80b6ed6c236b095f52108070dc.jpg
    281690c82783f7d121d065cfdcbf93f9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    I like So, but it's so hard to get a table. Meokja Meokja in Fairfax is now my favorite. It doesn't offer AYCE, but unless you have a really big appetite, you can usually stuff yourself there at the same price. Meat quality is noticeably better than Honey Pig or Iron Age.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Iron Age, So, and Qui

I always go to the Iron Age in Rockville. However, your experience can be quite different depending on your server. If you get that guy who normally seats people, he's an ass. Gives you an attitude if you want anything. He gets mad at you if you turn the bbq grill temperature up. He won't give you a separate bowl of salad so you have to share the one bowl for 4 people. If you don't get that guy, the other servers are ok.

I used to go to So, but it's expensive and there is always a wait.

I've been going to Qui in Chantilly for dinner and it is ok. They give you bottled water which I prefer. They also have good steak and squid. Kind of pricey, but it's ok once in a while.

Don't bother going to the ones in Annandale unless you can speak Korean. I used to go there with a Korean friend and it was ok. But, if you go there and not know how to speak, they sort of give you a cold shoulder. I don't like being treated like a second class citizen if I can't speak Korean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom