• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    There are 80% Sig P320 builds available. They require a little more work than the 80% Glock builds but nowhere near what the 80% 1911's require.

Thank you for this. Been eyeing the g43x thread and Blaster229's g43x and magazine write up. When certain people on here give something a nod I take note.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I looked at the MD Handgun Roster and saw various Springfield Armory Models are approved. These got good reviews too. I want to buy one, not build one. The crazy thing for me is that they banned most of the AR 15 rifles, but these AR 15 pistols are good to go! Makes no sense? But then again, we in MD!

There are plenty of AR rifles that are legal in MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jroc

Nov 26, 2019
    White Marsh
    I tend to build a lower or buy a complete pistol lower and a complete upper. The handgun roster is limiting enough without supply constraints. Just my 2 cents

Jroc

Nov 26, 2019
    White Marsh
    There are plenty of AR rifles that are legal in MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a whole bunch of pistols imo...plenty of compliant rifles. Only pistol I know are some of the Saints, the 5.56 Ruger and some of ATI OMNI’s(yuck). I’m sure there are others but most of what I found wasn’t listed on the roster.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Not a whole bunch of pistols imo...plenty of compliant rifles. Only pistol I know are some of the Saints, the 5.56 Ruger and some of ATI OMNI’s(yuck). I’m sure there are others but most of what I found wasn’t listed on the roster.
    The q honey badge and noveske ghetto blaster are both on the roster and are both top quality 300BO pistols.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    Buy a complete AR lower. Then buy a complete pistol upper. No HQL required. Easy peasy... :shrug:

These folks just aren’t listening to you LOL-

Just built a pistol with NO HQL..... Registered it with a 77R though. Read the laws about the difference between the SBR and pistol.

I don’t know why people would ever build a 16” ever again after learning you can build a pistol lol

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    I’d go ahead and buy or build an AR Pistol. They are awesome to shoot and pretty cool and compact and you don’t need a stamp. I have the Daniel defense w 10.3 inch barrel. That is definitely shortest you want to go in 556/223. With the craziness of the world right now and the convenience of The pistol AR form. It just awesome!

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    AR Pistol

Get one! Still can’t figure out how to rotate. Sorry.

Attachments

• 0D4054B2-DB2D-43F6-BB51-77FDAEF4F639.jpg
      0D4054B2-DB2D-43F6-BB51-77FDAEF4F639.jpg
      64.5 KB · Views: 478

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    Skip all the BS and don’t pay for your rights. Buy a stripped lower (77r & 7 day wait) then buy/build an upper.

Attachments

• 78F7E603-12E5-4F28-A607-522D9387488B.jpg
      78F7E603-12E5-4F28-A607-522D9387488B.jpg
      178.9 KB · Views: 447

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Where it asks for HQL, there is a drop down box for exemptions. Scroll down and you will see "applicant is purchasing a lower receiver"

This... from "Question About 77r Online Form" thread.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    OP:. I am a fan of building over buying ARs, because then it is exactly how I want it. I can understand the appeal of buying, but you are then subject to what the manufacturer (and the state of MD) thinks you should have, not what you want.

There are enough resources here in the forum to help you build one if you need it. (Chad from SOTAR still lurks and there are a bunch of his alumni running around). A well built AR will be more reliable, and more ergonomic than an off the shelf one. Plus you will be able to dictate what attachment type it has, what color it is, etc.

A good quality matched upper and lower is a good start (Colt, Delton, Matrix Aerospace, BCM, Noveske, Daniel Defense, Seekins, and SLR Rifleworks are all a good start, as are many others)

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    Doesn’t get anymore basic then this-
    Anderson lower w/ a Palmetto State Armory upper kit. I even went as basic as dropping in a Rock River varmint trigger

Attachments

• DE6AB379-E973-4EA4-BD54-AA8FA36D623E.jpg
      DE6AB379-E973-4EA4-BD54-AA8FA36D623E.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 387

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    To build or not to build, that is the question! Okay, I think I'm going to take your advice and build one. I can put together an M1 Garand from a barreled receiver, so this should be doable. But, I'm totally ignorant as to how to do this. I do have several Colt HBAR AR's so a Colt pistol would be nice.

Let's start with a stripped lower. I like Colt so what's out there? Money is not a problem. I want quality stuff. How many Colt parts can I use for this?

Also, I want it to be as accurate as possible. I got some good advice that I should go with an 11.5-inch barrel. Can I find a Colt barrel for this? Thanks for all your help, Red

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    To build or not to build, that is the question! Okay, I think I'm going to take your advice and build one. I can put together an M1 Garand from a barreled receiver, so this should be doable. But, I'm totally ignorant as to how to do this. I do have several Colt HBAR AR's so a Colt pistol would be nice.

Let's start with a stripped lower. I like Colt so what's out there? Money is not a problem. I want quality stuff. How many Colt parts can I use for this?

Also, I want it to be as accurate as possible. I got some good advice that I should go with an 11.5-inch barrel. Can I find a Colt barrel for this? Thanks for all your help, Red
    Parts all depend on how good your Googlefu is. Parts are out there, but Colt parts are hard to come by these days. If you intend to go Colt all the way, this will undoubtedly turn into a lengthy build. There are plenty of 'better than Colt' parts out there...
    Just trying to give you realistic expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom