• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Well I finally decided to buy an Stevens S1200 shotgun. I wanted an inertia driven gun to stay away from the problems with the gas operated ones. The price was good $480. I get it home and read the owners manual. I noticed there are no instructions for disassembly/assembly. I called Savage and asked about it. They told me, if the information isn't on our website, there isnt any. I asked them to talk to a tech rep. She repeated, if it isn't on our site, there is no information on it. The conversation ended there.
    I decide to disassemble it on my own. Once I opened it up I realize it is 100% a Stoeger shotgun with Stevens name on it. Ive fired it with no malfunctions, so far. Just thought I'd share this for those who may be looking at one. I'm happy with the gun but no with Savage customer support.

Ken

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Well, made the mistake of cleaning the gun out on the deck. Firing pin and spring took off and cant be found visually or with metal detector. Called Savage today about replacement firing pin and spring. NO PARTS AVAILABLE. The gun was discontinued last year (mine is less than a year old) and no parts are around anywhere. Gun was made in 2016, I bought it last march (2017). Savage CS says she will check with gunsmith for repair parts but doesn't think they're there. Doubt I'll ever hear from her again. Been a savage shooter for many decades but I'm done with them after this. Abandoned their customers post haste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom