• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    I was under the impression that page 10 was required to list employers for the past 5 years

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Maybe a checklist would help?

• Completed application, having pages 7 and 13 notarized (should consist of pages 7, 10, 12, and 13)
    • Naturalization papers, if necessary
    • DD-214 or NGB 22, if necessary
    • Official court disposition, if necessary
    • Any additional documents necessary (psychiatric records, military orders, etc.)
    • Two passport photos
    • Fingerprint card or LiveScan receipt
    • Check for application fee and background check, if necessary (is this payable to "Maryland State Police?"

Am I forgetting anything?

Also, I don't know how successful one would be getting medical records going back 25 years or more.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Do CVS passport pictures have a white background?

Edit: Yes, they do. I went there.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I sent an email on Tues asking they send an application packet. I haven't gotten a response back...so watching the mail.

MD is my only "speed bump" driving from PA to FL.

I have not seen an application packet per se. Just the download application

Attachments

• Licensing Division General Form.pdf
      91.2 KB · Views: 153

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Item (25) on page 7

Thanks for that.

I have not seen an application packet per se. Just the download application

Ive seen that...but being a PA resident it'd be easier for me to deal with ink print cards, which I assume will have MD info pre-printed on them. I could get the blue and white card local to me...but I still need MD's purple card. The "order" form requires a 10 card minimum order...and asks for an agency ID #

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    buff7mm said:
    The live scan in Cumberland requires an appointment, I called today and the lady said that they are swamped right now, but I did get an appointment set up.

Dag gone CDL classes!

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Curios...FL will only accept live scan from within state. Is MD the same? Would a Live Scan location in PA be "authorized"?

I can get ink prints done for free...but if I can't get the card that doesn't help me much.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    Item (25) on page 7

It is worded:
    (25) On the attached continuation sheet, list all past employers for the last five (5) years: Must include company name, address, telephone number, dates worked, position of employment, supervisor’s name and reason for leaving.​

I've held the same job for more than 5 years, didn't include it. But if you haven't held the same job for 5 or more years, include the required details on page 10.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It is worded:
    (25) On the attached continuation sheet, list all past employers for the last five (5) years: Must include company name, address, telephone number, dates worked, position of employment, supervisor’s name and reason for leaving.​
    I've held the same job for more than 5 years, didn't include it. But if you haven't held the same job for 5 or more years, include the required details on page 10.

100% correct sir.

fxdunigan

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Southern MD
    What if your previous job no longer exists? Would they reject because they cannot contact them?

I would still list the previous employer as required. There is enough space on page 10 to add a note if that "company" no longer exists. Perhaps a contact/reference of someone who can verify your employment would help. Not a surprise in today's economy, if the company no longer exists.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    I would still list the previous employer as required. There is enough space on page 10 to add a note if that "company" no longer exists. Perhaps a contact/reference of someone who can verify your employment would help. Not a surprise in today's economy, if the company no longer exists.

That sounds good. My neighbor is the part owner of the previous job. They shut down and went their seperate ways. He now owns another business. I'll put him down.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Anybody know of a location offering Livescan services today, Saturday?

Give MARI in Annapolis a call, great attitude and very smooth operation. Went there yesterday in and out in 10-15 minutes.

MARI
    1202 West Street
    Annapolis

Edit: forgot to add: scan, photos and notary for $64.25

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    Okay here is an oddball question. I am a US citizen but was born in Chile to US parents. My birth certificate is in Spanish and I have an old typed statement from the US Embassy that acknowledges that I was born a US citizen in a foreign country (no Obama birth certificate jokes please!). When I got my Utah permit it was held up because I had to send them copies of the embassy letter and BC from Chile. Would I need to submit the same stuff in Maryland?

Thanks,

WGS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom