Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 31st, 2013, 05:53 PM #1021

All seems like it is too much hassle even if you do have G&S. I've lived here less than 1 year from FL (have my ccw and used it everyday down there) and not sure I'd want to go through all this.
mdiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:07 PM #1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiom View Post
All seems like it is too much hassle even if you do have G&S. I've lived here less than 1 year from FL (have my ccw and used it everyday down there) and not sure I'd want to go through all this.
Here is the thing. I assume you want your CCW to protect yourself and not because you think your cool when you carry. So that being said, Your telling us that protecting your life is only worth it when a CCW is very easy to get?

Do you think the state may be thinking if you feel it's to much trouble to get a MD CCW (with all of it's read tape) that just maybe you really do not think it's all that important and you also feel that you will never need a gun to protect your life? I assume you like that living thing. I know I do.

I mean staying alive is cool and all, but who cares if getting your CCW is a pain. Right?

Do I wish this state made it easier then they do? Sure I do. But I carry for one thing only, to be the one that walks away from the life or death encounter. Many bother with the red tape because they feel the same way.

But if you have G&S but feel it is to much of a bother to you, you have the right not to bother.

MSI Member
SAF Member
NRA Member
Maryland Designated Collector
MD CCW
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:50 PM #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Here is the thing. I assume you want your CCW to protect yourself and not because you think your cool when you carry. So that being said, Your telling us that protecting your life is only worth it when a CCW is very easy to get?

Do you think the state may be thinking if you feel it's to much trouble to get a MD CCW (with all of it's read tape) that just maybe you really do not think it's all that important and you also feel that you will never need a gun to protect your life? I assume you like that living thing. I know I do.

I mean staying alive is cool and all, but who cares if getting your CCW is a pain. Right?

Do I wish this state made it easier then they do? Sure I do. But I carry for one thing only, to be the one that walks away from the life or death encounter. Many bother with the red tape because they feel the same way.

But if you have G&S but feel it is to much of a bother to you, you have the right not to bother.
I was just making a statement about the overwhelming factor of all of the bureaucracy and "red tape" (not read tape, by the way) and was not necessarily like I should have stated to get my point across and hence your jump to conclusion about my motivation. I just finished reading most of the thread and it's overwhelming to see what some have dealt with. Good for those that stuck through it.

I came to to this thread to get an idea of people's experience with the process and being from out of state I have some hesitations because of my previous experience with shall issue, that all. But thanks for you words of encouragement. Unfortunately I don't have G&S so whether I choose to bother or not MD gives me no choice anyway, but my wife as a professional physical therapist may have and I'm not sure she will be thrilled to to hear about them contacting her employer and other personal references simply because we have never had to deal with such, in my opinion, invasion of privacy.

But for more help, would practicing as a physical therapist (Doctorate degree) fall under the G&S?
mdiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 08:11 PM #1024

Merlin a lot of people I know carry without a license and you would never know they carry
jpo183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 03:35 AM #1025

So I was reading the Utah gun permit laws and it said we have to obtain a gun permit in our home state. So even then I still wouldn't be able to get one? Also, what other state gun permits are accepted here?
adavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 06:54 AM #1026
In a State of Denial

In a State of Denial

UT knows you can't get apermit in MD and allows permits to be issued to MD residents because of the restrictive May Issue policy,

MD does not recognize any other states' CCW opermits.
swinokur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:47 AM #1027

"Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. For a list of reciprocal states click here. Residency will be determined by your state-issued identification. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply."

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God.
TTMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:46 AM #1028

Sent my application about 2 weeks ago as a Physical Therapist and business owner. My check was cashed. The wait begins.
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM #1029

If you own a retail business in MD can you legally carry concealed while inside the retail establishment? I have not been able to find anything on this. My wife and I are getting ready to start the cc process as we have a retail business in MD. We handle business currency transactions all the time and wondering if we should add any other GS cause?
River Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 01:28 PM #1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hill View Post
If you own a retail business in MD can you legally carry concealed while inside the retail establishment? I have not been able to find anything on this. My wife and I are getting ready to start the cc process as we have a retail business in MD. We handle business currency transactions all the time and wondering if we should add any other GS cause?
From my understanding businesses are an extension of private property and you may. I carry at my business and we are a service company.

“... arms ... discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.... Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them.” —Thomas Paine

NRA Range Safety Officer
Maryland Designated Collector
Amateur Ham
jpo183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues