• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Maybe? It may not happen, but last year BPS had then on sale for $79. I should have bought one then, but my wife talked me out of it (basically told me no). I am sort of hoping for a similar sale and also ease of getting. Driving up to DE is a bit of a pain. Though I’d do it for a really nice deal.

Could always go to the one in Gainsville VA....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Could always go to the one in Gainsville VA....

From my house the Gainesville location is only like 10-15 minutes closer with no traffic. From work, DE location is about 15 minutes closer. And no sales tax. So depending on when doing it, a bit of a toss-up.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Last year you clued me into a Kentucky Gun (Black Friday) deal on the CZ 455 Varmint with two 17-inch threaded barrels in 22 LR and 17 HMR, that was first being included in a SilencerCo package. It's a great rifle. Still haven't shot it in 17 HMR, but the 22 LR barrel is a laser. One of my favorite rimfire guns.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You like that 455 Varmint in .22, eh?

Wait until you shoot it in .17HMR.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I disagree, unless it's because they are out of business.

Freedom = patronizing rabid, anti-2A asshats. Deleting Dick's is something statist Democrats would likely do.

p. s. if you dragged my rotting, stinking corpse into Dicks, I would resurrect myself like Lazarus, walk outside to die again.

I realize Dick's is anti-2A, but I will include their deals, and you can choose whether to indulge in them or not.

It's possible they may have a good deal on something someone needs, or a great price on a certain item(s), but probably not. They are usually lackluster at best, so I wouldn't worry about this thread making them $$$$ :)

^^The American way:clap:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Last year you clued me into a Kentucky Gun (Black Friday) deal on the CZ 455 Varmint with two 17-inch threaded barrels in 22 LR and 17 HMR, that was first being included in a SilencerCo package. It's a great rifle. Still haven't shot it in 17 HMR, but the 22 LR barrel is a laser. One of my favorite rimfire guns.

It’s one of my prized possessions, don’t ever see myself selling it..can’t say the same for all the various plastic fantastic guns I bought that same year..
    Can’t wait to shoot it suppressed with my Gemtech

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can't find a good scan/link, but the BPS and Cabela's ad's leaked.

It looks like Federal may have some rebates for BF. Not sure if they are BPS/Cabela's only, but the ad has 500rnds of Blazer Brass as in instore only deal for $79.99 after $20 off plus $20 rebate. Also federal 36gr (I think that is what it says on the box, too low res to be sure) of 1600rnds for $39.99 after $20 rebate and some amount of discount (yes, 2.5 cents per friggen round).

Also Browning Buckmark has a $100 rebate for BF and $20 off. So I know what 22lr pistol I am finally getting. Still torn between a new Ruger and a Browning, but at $199 for a new one, doesn't take any more thinking.

NOT a BF deal, but BPS has the Savage Rascals on sale for $112 right now. I haven't seen any BF deals and nothing like the $79.99 they had them for last year, but I decided to pull the trigger on it. With some discounts I got it to about $100 after tax. I have to wait till it ships there (downside to buying it online to use some things like activejunky)...but I am happy.

Maybe it is the sign of being a mature adult, but I am most excited about getting the Rascal and then running my kids to the range so they can shoot it. Right now they've been using an old Marlin single shot on loan from a friend. It shoots okay, but my younger son (8) still hasn't mastered the blade and notch sights, though last time he did a lot better. First trip about 4 months ago he was about 60% on a 16" paper target at 12 yards and about 25% in the center 3". This time he was about 80% on a 16" paper target at 20yds and about the same 25% in the center 3". He was pretty consistently high, which I know what to work on him with that. My older son (10) is much better and his last time he was 100% in the same size target at 20yds and about 80% in the center 3".

Interestingly, my younger son is better with my 4x scoped 10/22 (adult stock) at 20 and 50yds being 100% within the center 1.5" at 20 and going about 50% for hits on my 3" plastic spinner at 50yds. My older son is only managing about 90% within the center 2" at 20yds and about 33% on the spinner at 50yds.

Anyway, that Marlin is a nice Walnut stock and probably weighs 6-6.5 pounds (about as much as my scoped 10/22). So a 2.5lb rifle with a peep sight I think is going to go a long way towards them enjoying it. My oldest can sort of shoot the Marlin off hand, but not well in part because of the weight. My youngest can't shoot it off hand. Heck, I suspect my 6yr old daughter could probably manage the Rascal's weight off hand (her mom says she needs to wait until she is 8, like her brothers were before I took them shooting).

Sorry for the off topic. Can you tell I am excited for my kids? :-D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can't find a good scan/link, but the BPS and Cabela's ad's leaked.

It looks like Federal may have some rebates for BF. Not sure if they are BPS/Cabela's only, but the ad has 500rnds of Blazer Brass 9mm as in instore only deal for $79.99 after $20 off plus $20 rebate. Also federal 36gr (I think that is what it says on the box, too low res to be sure) of 1600rnds for $39.99 after $20 rebate and some amount of discount (yes, 2.5 cents per friggen round). I am hoping those Federal rebates aren't BPS/Cabela's only as $99 for 500 blazer 9mm rounds isn't a very good deal, but I know plenty of places online where I could get the same for $80-90 for 500, which after a $20 rebate does become a very, very good price.

Also Browning Buckmark has a $100 rebate for BF and $20 off. So I know what 22lr pistol I am finally getting. Still torn between a new Ruger and a Browning, but at $199 for a new one, doesn't take any more thinking.

NOT a BF deal, but BPS has the Savage Rascals on sale for $112 right now. I haven't seen any BF deals and nothing like the $79.99 they had them for last year, but I decided to pull the trigger on it. With some discounts I got it to about $100 after tax. I have to wait till it ships there (downside to buying it online to use some things like activejunky)...but I am happy.

Maybe it is the sign of being a mature adult, but I am most excited about getting the Rascal and then running my kids to the range so they can shoot it. Right now they've been using an old Marlin single shot on loan from a friend. It shoots okay, but my younger son (8) still hasn't mastered the blade and notch sights, though last time he did a lot better. First trip about 4 months ago he was about 60% on a 16" paper target at 12 yards and about 25% in the center 3". This time he was about 80% on a 16" paper target at 20yds and about the same 25% in the center 3". He was pretty consistently high, which I know what to work on him with that. My older son (10) is much better and his last time he was 100% in the same size target at 20yds and about 80% in the center 3".

Interestingly, my younger son is better with my 4x scoped 10/22 (adult stock) at 20 and 50yds being 100% within the center 1.5" at 20 and going about 50% for hits on my 3" plastic spinner at 50yds. My older son is only managing about 90% within the center 2" at 20yds and about 33% on the spinner at 50yds.

Anyway, that Marlin is a nice Walnut stock and probably weighs 6-6.5 pounds (about as much as my scoped 10/22). So a 2.5lb rifle with a peep sight I think is going to go a long way towards them enjoying it. My oldest can sort of shoot the Marlin off hand, but not well in part because of the weight. My youngest can't shoot it off hand. Heck, I suspect my 6yr old daughter could probably manage the Rascal's weight off hand (her mom says she needs to wait until she is 8, like her brothers were before I took them shooting).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I think I have the energy for one Lazarus plus one Fabs post sometimes before I need another dose of caffeine (and mostly a comment about length, not quality of content/writing).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I think I have the energy for one Lazarus plus one Fabs post sometimes before I need another dose of caffeine (and mostly a comment about length, not quality of content/writing).

Yeah, I mean you think I am bad on the internet...pictures Fabs and me hanging out. It can be loquacious :D

The fact my wife puts up with me sometimes amazes me.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

You need to do what I do. Get an IV drip of tea, coffee, or Jolt cola. That helps take the edge off. :D

Yeah, I mean you think I am bad on the internet...pictures Fabs and me hanging out. It can be loquacious :D

The fact my wife puts up with me sometimes amazes me.

So when are we having the round of golf in the spring? We can make it a foursome. Somebody is just to has hold the "QUIET" sign up when somebody is taking their shot, so fabs can relax for a minute.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You need to do what I do. Get an IV drip of tea, coffee, or Jolt cola. That helps take the edge off. :D

So when are we having the round of golf in the spring? We can make it a foursome. Somebody is just to has hold the "QUIET" sign up when somebody is taking their shot, so fabs can relax for a minute.

It’s been 18 years since I’ve played golf (worked grounds crew at one after graduating high school for a summer). Not sure I remember what to do. If the ball lands in a sand trap, do you use the #7 shot? Or is that for close fairway hits? And is it generally better to use a slug or buckshot off the tee?

Okay, now I really want to try shotgun golf. Like some crazy amalgamation of golf, billiards and sporting clays.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It’s been 18 years since I’ve played golf (worked grounds crew at one after graduating high school for a summer). Not sure I remember what to do. If the ball lands in a sand trap, do you use the #7 shot? Or is that for close fairway hits? And is it generally better to use a slug or buckshot off the tee?

Okay, now I really want to try shotgun golf. Like some crazy amalgamation of golf, billiards and sporting clays.

If you go on the beach, it is easier to use the hand wedge to get it back in play. Much easier on the course than Black Cloud or Steel Rain. :D

Slug gives you more distance but not much spin.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Went through some old pics on my phone and found this. I may not let this deal get away this year if we see it again

Attachments

• 26506D51-9921-42B3-B094-92BE4C4F736C.jpeg
      26506D51-9921-42B3-B094-92BE4C4F736C.jpeg
      67.4 KB · Views: 410

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads