• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It isn't. But obviously someone out there didn't do their research. That's one happy seller and one duped buyer!

Yeah, I have seen these kits sell for far less. $12k hammer price makes this maybe the most expensive parts kits I have ever seen. I mean a FG42 parts kit only got $10k. So this is just two people not knowing what they are doing.

MG42 semis are less common than MG34 semis. TNW made a lot of semi auto MG34s. They are even still making them: https://www.tnwfirearms.com/product-p/mg34-cplt-0008-bkxx-xxxx.htm
    $4700 rebuilt! So a parts kit is going to be about half that value as every one of these semi autos has a parts kit in it. These Port kits are nice but not even the top end of MG34 collecting. An early BSW kit from 1937 or 1938 should bring more.

A lot of things went high. I was runner up on the MG08/15 that was upgraded. Hammer at $18k. That makes it the most expensive MG08/15 ever and almost double the price of a standard nice MG08/15. Some times things get crazy money in auctions! Just hope you are the seller and not the buyer!

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Wow $12,000+fees. Either someone knew what they were doing or ~$15,000 was no big deal for them...
    that is approximately what it would come to with sales tax and buyers premium...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom