• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    MDS Fall motorcycle ride--Saturday Oct. 14th

I'm putting together a fall ride for all of us MDS "bikers".

Looking at possibly 10/14 or 10/21 maybe based on what might be best for folks and the expected weather.

Nothing special, perhaps just a back road ride beginning around 9AM through Carroll and Frederick counties likely involving the three covered bridges in Frederick county and maybe High Rock. Hit some place for lunch and be back to Carroll (Eldersburg) at a reasonable hour the same afternoon.

I also have another route I like to do up through Gettysburg towards Carlisle and back down through the State Park, stopping at a really good place for lunch near Ski Liberty, so I'm not sure which trip I will choose just yet.

I am going to finalize the routing this weekend, so I'll post more details early next week.

Post up if interested.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    same boat, if it's a go may be able to shuffle things around to make it, but not sure at this point.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I should be in, weather permitting. If any wives/girlfriends will be going, I can see about getting Mrs. Drakhen involved as well.

-John

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I will be away in TN , Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg love riding out that way . Also ride some in NC . This is our fall bike trip this year . You'all have fun .

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Subscribed...

...and if I go, I promise not to wash the computer this time... : /

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Okay folks, looks like the favorite is the 14th, so lets make that the date (unless its raining).

I should be in, weather permitting. If any wives/girlfriends will be going, I can see about getting Mrs. Drakhen involved as well.

-John

All are encouraged to attend. Lisa will be going. This will not be an extremely technical ride or one that will "wear you out" as far as being a "long day", and there will be ZERO interstates.

neither work for me, but we all should do this on a bi annual basis could be a good meetup.

I think between myself and Stoveman (and maybe a couple others) we are going to try and make these rides regular events here on MDS.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Okay folks, looks like the favorite is the 14th, so lets make that the date (unless its raining).

All are encouraged to attend. Lisa will be going. This will not be an extremely technical ride or one that will "wear you out" as far as being a "long day", and there will be ZERO interstates.

I think between myself and Stoveman (and maybe a couple others) we are going to try and make these rides regular events here on MDS.

I love the idea of multiple rides, and the missus expressed interest too! So long as we can secure babysitting for the day, we're in :D Zero interstates will make Mrs. Drakhen happy too.

The only thing I ask is for a list of waypoint addresses, so that if we get separated from the group, we can meet up at the next stop.

welder516 said:
    I will be away in TN , Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg love riding out that way . Also ride some in NC . This is our fall bike trip this year . You'all have fun .

Dang, I was hoping y'all could make it - it was a lot of fun having you and your family on the Flight 93 Memorial Ride.

-John

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The only thing I ask is for a list of waypoint addresses, so that if we get separated from the group, we can meet up at the next stop.

I am already planning on having a turn by turn sheet to give everyone. Hopefully I can pull that off. Won't have distances, but will have turn direction and street name.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I am already planning on having a turn by turn sheet to give everyone. Hopefully I can pull that off. Won't have distances, but will have turn direction and street name.

OK cool. I just want to plug the addresses into my GPS :D

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom