• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I just put in an offer on an old home South of Finksburg yesterday. Anyone familiar with that area able to give me the low down? Places to check out, ranges, good eats, ect? I know Hap is right up 140, but I will probably consider AGC unless there's something else around. Contract hasn't been accepted yet, so I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but we're really excited. Owner is a hunter and fisher that looks to be really into recurve bows, so maybe he/she is on here.

-Dave

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    You'll be driving to Westminster or Reisterstown a lot....I'd prefer Westminster for most things.

Baltimore's Best Pawn is right there. If you haven't been they are a great IP.

The pit beef place on Rt. 140 is pretty good for the area. 140 becomes a speed trap.

Johansons in Westminster for a nicer sit down place and Paradiso is good as well.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    thanks. I got my rem700 from BBP. Apparently a Wegman's just went in in Owings Mills, so that's a draw, but a little far.

Owings mills is 10 minutes away from Finksburg at non rush hour times as is Westminster.

Area food/drinks in no particular order...
    Harryman House
    Artful Gourmet
    Linwoods
    Mezcal
    Mission BBQ
    Glyndon grill
    Paradiso
    Blue bistro
    Rafael's
    Cinco de mayo

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Couple places in Hampstead
    J&P( also in glyndon), greenMount station, another italian place across from the Walmart? Name escapes me at the moment. Depending where you are, there are a lot of home ranges. Hearing shooting is an every day occurrence in CC.

Almost fogot, Full moon has $11 all you can eat steamed shrimp on Mondays.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Beaver Run Fish and Game? I remember reading about it on here. It does not have a website but it does have a Facebook page.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    MSP barracks are right by the Kubota dealership so from Full Moon to Home Depot is a hot bed for radar traps and overall police activity so watch out. I've been pulled over in the last 18 months (when I moved here)than I had in the previous 10 years .It's all dumb stuff...Tag light once, headlight once and not using a turn signal to change lanes another. All my fault but annoying none the less. Honestly there isn't much I've needed that I can't find in Westminster. Good luck.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Couple places in Hampstead
    J&P( also in glyndon), greenMount station, another italian place across from the Walmart? Name escapes me at the moment. Depending where you are, there are a lot of home ranges. Hearing shooting is an every day occurrence in CC.

Almost fogot, Full moon has $11 all you can eat steamed shrimp on Mondays.

Greenmount food and service is shit in my experience
    Fratellis is the italian place in Hampstead. Delicious and best crab cakes around
    Full moon has all you can eat wings on tuesdays

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    MSP barracks are right by the Kubota dealership so from Full Moon to Home Depot is a hot bed for radar traps and overall police activity so watch out. I've been pulled over in the last 18 months (when I moved here)than I had in the previous 10 years .It's all dumb stuff...Tag light once, headlight once and not using a turn signal to change lanes another. All my fault but annoying none the less. Honestly there isn't much I've needed that I can't find in Westminster. Good luck.

very good to know, thank you!

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    sounds like full moon is the place to be! thanks for all the suggestions guys. the owners pushed back the meeting with their realtor, so now I won't hear anything until late Wednesday night at the earliest :(

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL
    Few favorite places in the area:
    Davidson Tree Farm for Christmas Trees
    Bullocks Country Meats
    Soldiers D. NEA for hiking
    J&P for decent pizza and Italian food
    Glyndon Grill
    Northwest fine wine and spirits - beer selection

Edit: oh - and :thumbsup: for BBP and AGC
    White Marsh Arms isn't far either and has been a good place for gun parts in emergencies.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I am fan of Greenmount Station personally. We've been going once a month of so for a few years.

Decent food, good service, and fair prices for the area.

J&P's in Hampstead and Glyndon is equally as good.

Fratelli's is the only place I have ever walked out of. Went twice first time food (including crab cake) was okay at best. Went back a second time sat, waited ten minutes, flagged down a waitress asking to find ours, waited another 10 minutes, got up after no one came. Told the girl (I get she's a H.S. aged kid) that no one came and instead of getting a manager she said "Well I hope you enjoyed your dinner".

We haven't been back.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Littlestown Fish and Game ----pistol /rifle /archery trap and sporting clays just over the line in Pa ---up Rt97 check out their website.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    nope, Carroll only. We've looked for months and that was the first house we've put an offer in on. 22k over asking and it wasn't enough. I'll be kicking myself for a LONG time that we didn't get that house.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    CC bound :) Put an offer in on a second house and we got it. Beat out at least 1 other offer, so it's nice being on the other side of it this time!

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    CC bound :) Put an offer in on a second house and we got it. Beat out at least 1 other offer, so it's nice being on the other side of it this time!

Congrats! Welcome to the neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom