• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Took my new Shield 45 out for another 100 or so rounds today including HST hollow points. Range fine so it gets a holster. I will say I am not impressed with the quality of the finish on the barrel, looks very unfinished and rough, but it shoots fine and is quite accurate when I do my job. I did notice some scratches exposing silver on the outside of the barrel today when cleaning it up.........have to keep an eye on that.

I def. see what others have said about the grip texture, it is VERY rough. I will need to knock it down a little to stop it from irritating my gentle yet manly skin.

Overall I'm happy with it and will replace my 9mm shield with it. However, I do miss my 3rd gens and wish they were still supported with service and holsters and............

TD

tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    Took my new Shield 45 out for another 100 or so rounds today including HST hollow points. Range fine so it gets a holster. I will say I am not impressed with the quality of the finish on the barrel, looks very unfinished and rough, but it shoots fine and is quite accurate when I do my job. I did notice some scratches exposing silver on the outside of the barrel today when cleaning it up.........have to keep an eye on that.

I def. see what others have said about the grip texture, it is VERY rough. I will need to knock it down a little to stop it from irritating my gentle yet manly skin.

Overall I'm happy with it and will replace my 9mm shield with it. However, I do miss my 3rd gens and wish they were still supported with service and holsters and............

TD
    Congrats. Mine is still at the factory attempting to fix a problem where the mag would pop out at least once on almost every mag shot. I had the gun a total of three days. The factory has had it back for 3 weeks. I checked on the inspection and repair on Monday and they said 3.5 more weeks before I get it back. The 75 rounds I got through the gun before I had had enough were awesome though!
    tj

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom