• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    For anyone who loves BBQ done right in a divey sorta joint, The Hideaway is worth a trip. As a fairly serious 'cue aficionado who has catered many events serving pulled pork, brisket, yard bird and the associated sides, I can say that the food being dished up at this local Odenton spot deserves a try. Their pulled pork and brisket as well as their smoked fried chicken is very good. With a decent variety of draft beers including at least two JailBreak choices, the bar holds its own as well.
    I had the opportunity to see the back of the house tonight including the dual Southern Pride smokers and as a pit master myself, I rate it as a competition quality setup. The only disappointment was that they don't have burnt ends on Fridays. If you happen to be near Ft. Meade, give them a try.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For anyone who loves BBQ done right in a divey sorta joint, The Hideaway is worth a trip. As a fairly serious 'cue aficionado who has catered many events serving pulled pork, brisket, yard bird and the associated sides, I can say that the food being dished up at this local Odenton spot deserves a try. Their pulled pork and brisket as well as their smoked fried chicken is very good. With a decent variety of draft beers including at least two JailBreak choices, the bar holds its own as well.
    I had the opportunity to see the back of the house tonight including the dual Southern Pride smokers and as a pit master myself, I rate it as a competition quality setup. The only disappointment was that they don't have burnt ends on Fridays. If you happen to be near Ft. Meade, give them a try.

Whole heartedly second that recommendation.

Always loved the food and atmosphere at The Hideaway, great to hear more details about where all the magic happens.

5 out of 5 stars for The Hideaway.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Whole heartedly second that recommendation.

Always loved the food and atmosphere at The Hideaway, great to hear more details about where all the magic happens.

5 out of 5 stars for The Hideaway.

Hear, yes. See? Maybe not so much.....:innocent0

I will give a recommendation for their food, went there last after some training at Annapolis Defense, right around the corner.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    My wife and I were there for the first time last year. I'm big on brisket. There's was very good but I think it was over priced. Then again, my wife says I'm cheap. Truth is I'm just frugal. LOL

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Used to go to Jim's way way back when we flew out of Tipton.

Been to the new Hideaway for lunch a couple of times, but was underwhelmed by the food. I'll have to give them a try again, preferably when I can have a beer too.

Firedog1979

Be part of the solution!
    Mar 19, 2017
    Maryland
    :thumbsup:Love that place. Been a couple times and prefer the brisket. Wings arn't hateful either! Atmosphere isnt bad and its tucked away and has never been really busy when I've been there.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Collards with some pulled pork and a dash of vinegar on top. OMG.

I always avoided collards, I think it was you that introduced me to them; NOW it's my go-to side dish. When there once, and only ordered a side of those greens with vinegar; absolutely out of this world.

I will give a recommendation for their food, went there last after some training at Annapolis Defense, right around the corner.

Yep, I think I said that wrong. Trying to say that the owner (super nice guy), took the three of us the other night into the kitchen, and showed/explained about the smokers/BBQ; was fascinating. :thumbsup:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yep, I think I said that wrong. Trying to say that the owner (super nice guy), took the three of us the other night into the kitchen, and showed/explained about the smokers/BBQ; was fascinating. :thumbsup:

You said it right, I knew exactly what you were talking about. Unfortunately I know exactly what the average commercial kitchen looks like. ;)

Southern Pride makes some good smokers, nothing like putting a couple of those suckers down a flight of stairs....

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    I find it interesting that so many of you like the brisket. Maybe I'll have to try it again. I really didn't like it when I had it. It was very dry and they don't give you the option of lean or moist. I prefer to get my brisket at Mission BBQ. I like Hideaways wings and the pulled pork/jalapeno nachos are very good. All of their soups are pretty awful. Still, I like the place and I'm looking forward to trying their burnt ends.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

I will give a recommendation for their food, went there last after some training at Annapolis Defense, that used to be right around the corner.

FTFY I think the location is closed up, but not the "business".

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Try the Brussel Sprouts! Brisket was not dry two times ago and was this last time. Bring your own darts, their's are two mangled, yeah that's my excuse.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Try the Brussel Sprouts! Brisket was not dry two times ago and was this last time. Bring your own darts, their's are two mangled, yeah that's my excuse.

Yes. The sprouts!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1491142173858.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1491142173858.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 294

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    You said it right, I knew exactly what you were talking about. Unfortunately I know exactly what the average commercial kitchen looks like. ;)

Southern Pride makes some good smokers, nothing like putting a couple of those suckers down a flight of stairs....

BBQ%20Master72.jpg

I find it interesting that so many of you like the brisket. Maybe I'll have to try it again. I really didn't like it when I had it. It was very dry and they don't give you the option of lean or moist. I prefer to get my brisket at Mission BBQ. I like Hideaways wings and the pulled pork/jalapeno nachos are very good. All of their soups are pretty awful. Still, I like the place and I'm looking forward to trying their burnt ends.

Wendys-Takes-Inspiration-from-Local-Barbecue-Spots-with-BBQ-Pulled-Pork-Debut.jpg

FTFY I think the location is closed up, but not the "business".

Yes. The sprouts!

I believe you introduced me to the greens. Absolutely delicious - especially with the vinegar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom