• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.B

I moved to Maryland last year around June but since I was only 20 yrs old could not bring my AR with me so I left it with family out of state. Now that I'm 21 can I bring my rifle into MD or am I out of luck.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm not a lawyer, but some questions I can think of that may help get you a decent answer.

HBAR or No ?
    Were you the purchaser and do you have any paperwork?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Turning 21 could have been an issue if he tried to register it w/ MSP while still 20 , but I sounds as if he stored it out of state until Birthday.

Mr.B

No I turned 21 this January. Also I would not need to register my AR since I moved into Maryland and became a resident before Oct 1 2013 correct? I assumed that only applied if you moved into Maryland after Oct 1 2013.

Mr.B

Hope I'm not confusing anybody but I moved into Maryland June 2013. I was a resident before Oct 1st. I did not bring my AR with me in June 2013 since I was only 20. I turned 21 this year and didn't know if I could now posses my AR in MD. I bought the rifle in 2011 from a gun shop. I know this is a difficult question especially considering MD laws so thank you guys for any input

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Adjunct question: Prior to 10/1/2013, if an 20 year old in Texas owned a 'regulated in Maryland' AR15 and moved to Maryland before turning 21, would he be able to posses it? He certainly couldn't buy a new one in Maryland until he turned 21.

This is kind of the same thing, only different.

I HATE Maryland.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Adjunct question: Prior to 10/1/2013, if an 20 year old in Texas owned a 'regulated in Maryland' AR15 and moved to Maryland before turning 21, would he be able to posses it? He certainly couldn't buy a new one in Maryland until he turned 21.

This is kind of the same thing, only different.

I HATE Maryland.

I'd be curious to know this as well. I may have known someone who unknowingly did this exact thing about 15 years ago... :innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Leaving alone the OP for the moment , Eruby raised an interesting hypothetical.

18yo legally purchased non-HBAR ( or AK, or whatever ) in Texas. Moves to Md before Oct 1 2013 , but turns 21 Nov 1 2013 .

If he asersts he brought it with him when he moved, he is confessing to being underage in possesion of Evil Rifle.

If he physically first brings it over the state line on his birthday , it will be after 10/1 n will that trigger a need to register within 90 days. It would be registerable , but would it be required ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom