I have a 6.5G Upper on order will I have any problem getting it after 10/1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdForkliftGuy

Sep 17, 2013
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and fairly new to shooting (at least handguns and sport rifles). I recently built a lower and have been waiting for a 6.5 Grendel upper with a 20" bull barrel to be built from J&T. It is not going to be in until after Oct. 1. Am I going to get screwed and not able to get this after waiting? Is it now going to be illegal to build or buy non HBAR uppers? Please help as I will try to track down components before 10/1. Thanks.

Brent

CaribooLou

Jan 18, 2013
    Loudoun County
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and fairly new to shooting (at least handguns and sport rifles). I recently built a lower and have been waiting for a 6.5 Grendel upper with a 20" bull barrel to be built from J&T. It is not going to be in until after Oct. 1. Am I going to get screwed and not able to get this after waiting? Is it now going to be illegal to build or buy non HBAR uppers? Please help as I will try to track down components before 10/1. Thanks.

Brent

You'll be fine since you have the lower already. Uppers of all types will still be available.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    No, you will be fine. Uppers are no problem (at least not yet)
    Let us know how that thing shoots once you get it. Are you going to reload?

brackishfly

Nov 17, 2012
    So. Maryland
    I'm sort of in the same boat. Have one lower partially built. Bought a second lower today (money being tight). Saving up for a 6.5 build and a .223 Wilde build. At least that's the plan.

BTW jr88 was on point, if not already hand loading, the 6.5 is a good cartridge for it. All I'll need are the dies + misc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom