MONDAY 7pm Picket in Annapolis! - NOW REAL TIME DISCUSSION!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Are we on for tonight at Annapolis, (3/26/2018)???

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

YUP!!!

PLEASE NOTE TONIGHT’s NEW TIME:

Tonight we will meet at Lawyer’s Mall at 6pm because the House of Delegates goes into Monday night session at 7 PM, ONE HOUR EARLIER than usual; Senate meets at regular Monday night time, 8 PM.

Anyone who would like to eat at Mission BBQ, our dinner hour is now 5-6pm.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

darn_tootin___by_cowboypickle-d4wby3k.jpg

Dereks_wife

Mar 6, 2018
    Denton
    YUP!!!

PLEASE NOTE TONIGHT’s NEW TIME:

Tonight we will meet at Lawyer’s Mall at 6pm because the House of Delegates goes into Monday night session at 7 PM, ONE HOUR EARLIER than usual; Senate meets at regular Monday night time, 8 PM.

Anyone who would like to eat at Mission BBQ, our dinner hour is now 5-6pm.

Thanks! Derek mentioned it being a longer night tonight but I couldn't find the details on it. We will be there!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival ...

Gawd forbid had the Patriot Picket passed out Pocket Constitutions ... or that Young Americans for Liberty had held up Pro2A signs.

Young Americans for Liberty at Kellogg Community College v. Kellogg Community College

This happened four months ago, and was resolved in favor of YAL, but the similarities with the PP arrest in Annapolis are striking.
    So ... WHY are Frosh and the State still standing in the way of justice ? :mad54:

Kellogg Community College claims supporters of Young Americans for Liberty who were handing out copies of the U.S. Constitution on campus violated its Solicitation Policy, which states that students and others must obtain permission from the school before they engage in any expressive activity anywhere on campus, including distribution of any written material.

What is the difference between Lawyers Mall and the sidewalk surrounding it ?

0.jpg

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Gawd forbid had the Patriot Picket passed out Pocket Constitutions ... or that Young Americans for Liberty had held up Pro2A signs.

Young Americans for Liberty at Kellogg Community College v. Kellogg Community College

This happened four months ago, and was resolved in favor of YAL, but the similarities with the PP arrest in Annapolis are striking.
    So ... WHY are Frosh and the State still standing in the way of justice ? :mad54:

What is the difference between Lawyers Mall and the sidewalk surrounding it ?

0.jpg

How are the brothers doing? I miss their commentary.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    They are standing in the way because it did not happen in MD so the ruling of the federal court does not apply to us here in MD... The fact that Frosh was investigated in congress for being a communist needs to be brought out before the voters and his feelings that the government shall rule the people and the people obay as well.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    They are standing in the way because it did not happen in MD so the ruling of the federal court does not apply to us here in MD... The fact that Frosh was investigated in congress for being a communist needs to be brought out before the voters and his feelings that the government shall rule the people and the people obay as well.

Can you please provide some references for this. All I can find doing a search was about his father being a lawyer that defended an accused communist. I would appreciate anything you can provide.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Can you please provide some references for this. All I can find doing a search was about his father being a lawyer that defended an accused communist. I would appreciate anything you can provide.

I did find this, but more info would be appreciated if motorcoachdog can supply it.

The Family Business
    Brian Frosh learned a lot about law from his father, a Bethesda attorney and longtime public servant.

His father led a less idyllic life. He once represented a federal employee, a bookbinder at the Government Printing Office, who was accused of being a Communist by Joe McCarthy, the red-baiting senator from Wisconsin.

Stanley Frosh was summoned by Roy Cohn, chief counsel for McCarthy’s Senate investigations, and as Brian tells the story: “Roy Cohn says to my dad, ‘Your client’s in a lot of trouble, and if you represent him, you’re going to be in a lot of trouble. My advice is, get rid of this guy.’ My dad declined to follow that advice.”

The elder Frosh told his client to take the Fifth Amendment before McCarthy’s committee. When the man did so, he was fired from his job and “literally run out of town,” says Brian, while his dad was “ostracized by the Montgomery County bar.”

“They had these monthly lunches, they still do, and my dad would go to the lunches and nobody would sit with him,” Brian says. “They were terrified to be associated with him.”

A few years later Stanley Frosh was elected to the county council and staunchly supported legislation banning discrimination in public accommodations. Critics saw him as a dangerous radical—there’s a theme here—and he was defeated for re-election but he left an indelible mark on his son.

Attachments

• March12cover Frosh (very small).jpg
      March12cover Frosh (very small).jpg
      31.9 KB · Views: 489
    Last edited:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Standing up to Joe McCarthy and his band of goons is a positive mark, in my book.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Opps I have major egg on my face and I am man enough to admit it. It was his father who was the lawyer to a gentleman who was before congress for being a commie sympathizer. I am sorry and please forgive me for making a huge mistake. I do think how ever he got his ah "views" about being a rabid anti 2A person from his dad and or family.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    How ever I did find the following about our rabid anti AG from Wikipedia... Take it as you will. I will not say one way or another..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Frosh

In 2004 The Washington Post reported that an ethics complaint had been filed by Audrey P. Corsonag, M.D., against Frosh for helping to kill a bill that would have limited medical malpractice payouts. The complaint alleged that Frosh had a conflict of interest because of his partnership in a law firm of which certain members handled medical malpractice cases, though Frosh does not handle those kinds of cases.[53] In response, according to the Post, "Frosh said his partnership arrangement with the firm does not let him share in earnings from cases in which he was not personally involved. And to his recollection, he said, he has handled only one Maryland malpractice case in recent years."[53] Frosh also stated that prior to his vote on the bill he had consulted with the General Assembly's ethics adviser, William G. Somerville, who stated that Frosh had no conflict of interest, was "on solid ground," and under the law, could vote on the bill.[53] "We've got lawyers, doctors and insurance agents in the legislature," Frosh said, "and, to some extent, all of us have an indirect financial interest in this legislation."[53] The Post further noted, "Many lawmakers wind up voting on bills that could have a direct effect on their professions. Typically, legislators are asked to recuse themselves from debate only if a measure would enrich them personally, rather than simply benefit their profession."[53] In light of the facts, Frosh was not required to recuse himself and nothing came of the complaint.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Caution, thread-jack ahead

Standing up to Joe McCarthy and his band of goons is a positive mark, in my book.
    Maybe so, but he was somewhat vindicated years later with the release of the list of names in the Venona Project Papers

SETTING THE RECORD ON JOE MCCARTHY STRAIGHT
    The verdict on the late Senator's anti-communist cause -- and the tactics with which he pursued it.

Read the whole article ...
    Was Joe McCarthy Right?

I am tempted to start my talk by saying: “I have here in my hands a list of names.” That, of course, was the phrase made famous by Senator Joseph McCarthy, who built his political career in the early 1950s, the history books tell us, on exaggerating the extent of Communist subversion of American life. He also gave his name to a phenomenon that has become a term of opprobrium in American political life. To accuse someone of McCarthyism or to label a person a McCarthyite is not to issue a compliment. The implication is that a person so named has made scurrilous and unwarranted accusations and is engaged in unethical and sleazy maneuvers. The late Senator from Wisconsin even gave his name to the period. The McCarthy era is commonly depicted as one where America, consumed by a paranoid and irrational fear of domestic communism, went on a witch-hunt. In fact, the one work of literature that virtually every very high school student in American will read is Arthur Miller’s play, The Crucible, an account of the Salem witch trials, in which the main character is pushed and pressed to name his fellow citizens as witches. John Proctor’s refusal to falsely implicate innocent people leads to his own condemnation and execution. Miller wrote his play during the heyday of McCarthyism and consistently maintained that it should be read as a parable of what happens when a community begins searching for and persecuting heretics.
    Sound familiar ? Except that the tables are turned now and the left has exchanged McCarthy'ism for Mueller'ism.
    I wonder how many of us are on Mueller's list today, or more importantly ... how many DemocRATs might be on McCarthy's list if he were still alive.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Maybe so, but he was somewhat vindicated

No. The man was un-American as they come, and was a power hungry scumbag who used fearmongering to build his own personal power base by ruining people's lives. He may have been right about some of the people that he persecuted, but that entire episode is so shameful and against what this country was founded on and what it stands for that it boggles my mind that anyone who believes in the American system can look at what went on there and be OK with it.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    No. The man was un-American as they come, and was a power hungry scumbag who used fearmongering to build his own personal power base by ruining people's lives. He may have been right about some of the people that he persecuted, but that entire episode is so shameful and against what this country was founded on and what it stands for that it boggles my mind that anyone who believes in the American system can look at what went on there and be OK with it.

Ah yes, my personal favorite, the "that's not what muh country was founded on something something" argument.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread jacking apologies

Consider me your 'mind boggler' then, because that was the period in time when the left figured out how to win at 'the game' ... and they've been perfecting those tactics ever since using the same methods you abhor. All it took back then was a chain-smoking reporter to have a 'chat' with America to set things in motion.

Murrow Vs. McCarthy

Ah yes, my personal favorite, the "that's not what muh country was founded on something something" argument.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom