• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Anyone have any experience with Model 1 sales? I really like one of their uppers but don't know about the quality or build specs.

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I would steer clear of them there quality is skecthy at best.

Recommend PSA around the same price and quality is excellent

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    What about dpms? I've already got a PSA dissipator almost finished just waiting on the upper and a bolt carrier group. I want an 18"SPR or 24" tactical for for longer range shooting with actual optics. BCM also has an 18" option but it's out of stock.

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    What about dpms? I've already got a PSA dissipator almost finished just waiting on the upper and a bolt carrier group. I want an 18"SPR or 24" tactical for for longer range shooting with actual optics. BCM also has an 18" option but it's out of stock.

DPMS, Spikes, BCM, Yankee Hill, Stag

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Built my first AR using a Model 1 kit and a Bushmaster lower 15 years ago. Great price. Quick ship. Made a reliable shooter. Not the best parts but fit well together and functioned properly.... Broken extractor @ 2k shooting only brass cases South African surp. Replaced with mil spec extractor and Defender "D" ring. Rifle is still going strong with new owner.

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Built my first AR using a Model 1 kit and a Bushmaster lower 15 years ago. Great price. Quick ship. Made a reliable shooter. Not the best parts but fit well together and functioned properly.... Broken extractor @ 2k shooting only brass cases South African surp. Replaced with mil spec extractor and Defender "D" ring. Rifle is still going strong with new owner.

There quality has significantly decreased over the years and is unacceptable in my opinion

I must have lucked out 2 times,, both my parts kit were great , both shot 1moa at 100 yards with optics,,, I would most definitely buy from model 1 again. Alot of things people say is all here say bs, I know from experience , good price , great product.

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I must have lucked out 2 times,, both my parts kit were great , both shot 1moa at 100 yards with optics,,, I would most definitely buy from model 1 again. Alot of things people say is all here say bs, I know from experience , good price , great product.

Yea i know from experience as well but hey to each there own

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I have two Model 1 kits that I've bought in the last year. Although they are not in the catagory of YHU or Noveski, they are both consistantly accorate uppers. One is a 16" barrel and the other is a 20". I have fired hundreds of rounds through both and am very happy with them.

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    I have a 16" free floated, chrome lined barrel upper from them and so far it's been great. MOA accurate with match ammo and about 2-3 MOA (depending on make) with M193, M855, and miscellaneous generic brass ammo. I only have the bare upper from them, all other parts are from different manufacturers.

I'd buy from them again but just like this one probably the bare upper only. You can find high quality lower parts and BCGs all over the net so I would source those separately if I do it again.

i bought a lightweight upper from model1 about 2 years ago. i didn't realize it was gonna take almost 2 months to arrive. the flash hider and front sight block was crooked, but those were easily fixed. imo spend just a little more and get something from BCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom