• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmike349

Jun 26, 2013
    I just received my C&R license in the mail yesterday and I'm very excited.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the wallet sized card is? It specifically says "Not valid for the sale or other disposition of firearms".

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I just received my C&R license in the mail yesterday and I'm very excited.

Does anyone know what the purpose of the wallet sized card is? It specifically says "Not valid for the sale or other disposition of firearms".

Honestly, I don't know if the BATFE even knows what it's for. I've never detached mine. Conventional wisdom says to leave your license whole and unsigned. Make a bunch of color copies, and ink-sign the copies. This was mainly due to the fact that there were many dealers in the past that wouldn't accept non-ink-signed copies.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Honestly, I don't know if the BATFE even knows what it's for. I've never detached mine. Conventional wisdom says to leave your license whole and unsigned. Make a bunch of color copies, and ink-sign the copies. This was mainly due to the fact that there were many dealers in the past that wouldn't accept non-ink-signed copies.

This has been my practice as well

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Some used to give discounts to FFL03's I assume one reason for carrying it might be to show to vendors in person at such venues as gunshows. I think most discounts have dried up though.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Some used to give discounts to FFL03's I assume one reason for carrying it might be to show to vendors in person at such venues as gunshows. I think most discounts have dried up though.

Sometimes you can still get something. I got a deal on a Savage 99 once cause the dealer didnt have to run a background check on me. I think he knocked off like $20 but it's still something.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sometimes you can still get something. I got a deal on a Savage 99 once cause the dealer didnt have to run a background check on me. I think he knocked off like $20 but it's still something.

Yeah, go buy a gun in PA that is C&R. You skip the background check and it is normally $10 and about a 10-15 minute phone call for the dealer. At least last I remember. So you’d save that.

I keep a copy of my full license on my phone and one in my glove box. So I can email it easily or run back to my car to grab a paper copy if they want it. I haven’t been to a gunshow yet since I got it, but I’ll probably print another copy and bring it along in my pocket in case I find a toy.

I mean a necessary historical artifact to add to my collection.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

Not only no background check called in, but also no 4473 has to be filled out and checked over or entered into the A&D book. They simply dispose to another licensee and there's less paperwork for that.

Paying cash is also another haggling point.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Cabelas and Green Top does not accept C&R. Probably others like some online sales.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

^^ This ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Cabelas and Green Top does not accept C&R. Probably others like some online sales.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have used my C&R AT Greentop in the passed couple years. It was a face to face transaction for an old Colt revolver and a High Standard semi-auto .22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom