• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    From what I understand it is a 20 year retirement with 50%. Although I am not 100% about this.

Also I believe it is 24 on 48 off. From my personal experience this is a difficult schedule.

Regardless I did apply.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    will they buy our time?

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
    :sad20::sad20::sad20:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this, luckily I only have 2 and 1/2 years so far. if you have less than five i would think about it.

Not sure if you know but they passed the bill to change our pension this week.

What shift are you on up there?

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    From what I understand it is a 20 year retirement with 50%. Although I am not 100% about this.

Also I believe it is 24 on 48 off. From my personal experience this is a difficult schedule.

Regardless I did apply.

we have a few Mo Co guys in our dept, and yes, this is true, they all like it there, I even applied for it. they run a good bit of fire and actually do work and interior operations unlike some other counties and jurisdictions.

starts @ $42k so its higher than most

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    i beleive its a pop out class meaning you must have hazmat ops, fire fighter 2, to be considered.

Correction, there are 2 classes, the one mentioned and a new recruit class, this info verified by Mo Co HR.

For the class you refer to you must have FF II, Haz Mat Ops, EMT-B/I, and the other I cant remember right now, but I think its Rescue Tech.

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Correction, there are 2 classes, the one mentioned and a new recruit class, this info verified by Mo Co HR.

For the class you refer to you must have FF II, Haz Mat Ops, EMT-B/I, and the other I cant remember right now, but I think its Rescue Tech.

Rescue Tech is not a requirment. The others you mentioned are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom