• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I see the anti trump republicans looking to try and convince him to primary challenge trump in 2 years.

Not a chance that's going to happen, unless the landscape changes in dramatic and unexpected ways.

The anti-Trump Republicans are losing strength, not gaining.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    This, the numbers in the primary never really give us a whole picture and never have.

Here it is in a nutshell...

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/maryland/

Overall 2016 Maryland Presidential Election Results
    D H. Clinton 60.5% 1,497,951
    R D. Trump 35.3% 873,646
    L G. Johnson 2.9% 71,107
    G J. Stein 1.3% 31,839

64.7 % of Merr-Landers voted AGAINST Trump...

So if that holds true in 2018, hello Governor Ben Jealous...

Get it, Got it, Good...

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017

R D. Trump 35.3% 873,646
    L G. Johnson 2.9% 71,107
    G J. Stein 1.3% 31,839

Get it, Got it, Good...

Let's hope that the weak turn out is a sign that some of those Dems are walking away from their party. Hogan really has good shot at winning and he is a much better selection than Jealous and Frosh.

Mr H

Banana'd

R D. Trump 35.3% 873,646
    L G. Johnson 2.9% 71,107
    G J. Stein 1.3% 31,839

Get it, Got it, Good...

Presidential year election dynamics can be very different than off-year elections.

sgt23preston

May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Presidential year election dynamics can be very different than off-year elections.

I hope that you are right...

BUT don't forget about the current HATE Everything Republican & Hate Everything TRUMP crowd...

IT'S VERY REAL...

Remember that 2014 was not an overwhelming win...

Maryland gubernatorial election, 2014
    Nominee Hogan Brown
    Party Republican Democratic
    Popular vote 884,400 818,890
    Percentage 51.0% 47.2%

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

R D. Trump 35.3% 873,646
    L G. Johnson 2.9% 71,107
    G J. Stein 1.3% 31,839

Get it, Got it, Good...

And voting history in Maryland has shown that less than 65% of those that voted in the Presidential election, vote in the state election 2 years later. Presidential votes are in no way a predictor of state votes in Maryland.

And BTW, if the above were true, then please explain why the Republicans have continually picked up seats in the House in the last two elections (7 in 201 and 8 in 2014)?

sgt23preston

May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    And voting history in Maryland has shown that less than 65% of those that voted in the Presidential election, vote in the state election 2 years later. Presidential votes are in no way a predictor of state votes in Maryland.

And BTW, if the above were true, then please explain why the Republicans have continually picked up seats in the House in the last two elections (7 in 201 and 8 in 2014)?

We are only talking about Merry-Land here not the rest of the country...

Merry-Land has not elected or ADDED ANY new Republicans in DC...

Do you know how many total Republican Congressmen & Senators that Merry-Land has in Washington DC in 2018..?

The answer is EXACTLY ONE = Andy Harris...

There are 7 Democratic Congressmen & 2 Democratic Senators...

I certainly hope that Hogan wins a 2nd term, but I put the odds at 50 / 50 depending on NEW Voters, Turnout & how Agitated the Dems become by November...

U.S. REPRESENTATIVES FROM MARYLAND
    Andrew P. Harris (R), 1st Congressional District
    C. A. Dutch Ruppersberger III (D), 2nd Congressional District
    John P. Sarbanes (D), 3rd Congressional District
    Anthony G. Brown (D), 4th Congressional District
    Steny H. Hoyer (D), 5th Congressional District
    John K. Delaney (D), 6th Congressional District
    Elijah E. Cummings (D), 7th Congressional District
    Jamin B. (Jamie) Raskin (D), 8th Congressional District

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Wanna get pissed - look at how gerrymandered those election districts are! Andy wouldn't be in there if the Bay wasn't protecting the First District from the Democrat gerrymander.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Wanna get pissed - look at how gerrymandered those election districts are! Andy wouldn't be in there if the Bay wasn't protecting the First District from the Democrat gerrymander.

The First District is the result of the gerrymander rather than an exception. Every stray Republican in the state that could be rounded up was put in that district.

The Martymander ;) is killing us in the Congress. Public sentiment has no bearing in reality there. It's baked in.

The GA is a bit more accessible, as we've seen the past couple cycles. Get people informed, get good names in the public eye, and (especially with the D's primary losses) there is a REALLY good chance to upset the beer wagon :innocent0

Miller and Busch (or at least their cronies) can be turned over.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    We are only talking about Merry-Land here not the rest of the country...

Merry-Land has not elected or ADDED ANY new Republicans in DC...

Do you know how many total Republican Congressmen & Senators that Merry-Land has in Washington DC in 2018..?

The answer is EXACTLY ONE = Andy Harris...

There are 7 Democratic Congressmen & 2 Democratic Senators...

I certainly hope that Hogan wins a 2nd term, but I put the odds at 50 / 50 depending on NEW Voters, Turnout & how Agitated the Dems become by November...

U.S. REPRESENTATIVES FROM MARYLAND
    Andrew P. Harris (R), 1st Congressional District
    C. A. Dutch Ruppersberger III (D), 2nd Congressional District
    John P. Sarbanes (D), 3rd Congressional District
    Anthony G. Brown (D), 4th Congressional District
    Steny H. Hoyer (D), 5th Congressional District
    John K. Delaney (D), 6th Congressional District
    Elijah E. Cummings (D), 7th Congressional District
    Jamin B. (Jamie) Raskin (D), 8th Congressional District

Sorry if you misunderstood, I was referring to the House of Delegates in Annapolis since, yes, we are talking about Maryland only.

So, again, please explain why the Republicans have continually picked up seats in the House (in the Maryland Legislature)in the last two elections (7 in 2010 and 8 in 2014)?

Dems aren't the only ones agitated. Plenty of 2A and Trump supporters aren't voting for Hogan, myself included ..it's called principles.. Hogan isn't a Republican, Hogan isn't a friend of gun owners and Hogan isn't a supporter of the President. .and those of you who are going to vote for him because "he's better than a democrat" are going to be severely disappointed when he starts signing more gun control and other bills that a REAL republican would veto..

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Seems I'm always voting for the lesser of two evils.

Hogan apparently thinks he doesn't need the 2A votes. He should remember that the only won by 65,000 votes last time and I bet theres at least that many Maryland, single issue, 2A voters.

sgt23preston

May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sorry if you misunderstood, I was referring to the House of Delegates in Annapolis since, yes, we are talking about Maryland only.

So, again, please explain why the Republicans have continually picked up seats in the House (in the Maryland Legislature)in the last two elections (7 in 2010 and 8 in 2014)?

The title of the thread is "So what if Hogan wins a Second term"...

The point that I have been making is that Hogan is NOT A SHOE IN...

There is at least a 50% chance that he WON'T get a 2nd term based on the number of Motivated Democrats, the number of new 18 year old Democrats & simply that most Democrats HATE for ALL Republicans...

And if Miller & Busch remain incharge in Nappytown, NOTHING will change for the better...

IF Hogan loses, look for things to get lots worse for Gun Owners very soon...

sgt23preston

May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Dems aren't the only ones agitated. Plenty of 2A and Trump supporters aren't voting for Hogan, myself included ..it's called principles.. Hogan isn't a Republican, Hogan isn't a friend of gun owners and Hogan isn't a supporter of the President. .and those of you who are going to vote for him because "he's better than a democrat" are going to be severely disappointed when he starts signing more gun control and other bills that a REAL republican would veto..

By NOT voting for Hogan, that is 1 less vote for the Republicans which equals 1 MORE vote for Ben Jealous...

There are ALREADY more Democrats than Republicans in Merry-Land...

We all need to vote for the best of the 2 candidates = the lesser of the 2 evils...

There is at least a 50% chance that he WON'T get a 2nd term based on the number of Motivated Democrats, the number of new 18 year old Democrats & simply that most Democrats HATE for ALL Republicans...

And if Miller & Busch remain incharge in Nappytown, NOTHING will change for the better...

Miller and Busch are tame compared to their potential replacements..usually those positions are earned through seniority. .the next 2 in line are true liberals from Baltimore. Once the beer brother's are gone our general assembly will be more like commiefornia..be careful what you wish for. .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

It's "shoo-in," not "shoe-in."

Other than that, your post is spot on.

Thank you.

Whats in our benefit?

Will it be the same as the last 4 years?

More antigun bills to be signed into law?

When is the last time a Republican Governor was elected a Second term in this state?

I thought about this the other day though i know there is a Hogan thread but this is the what "IF" Governor Hogan Wins for a second term.

Jokes on you Hogan isn't a republican. .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

I suppose you have a poll of Trump supporters to back that up.

Trump supporters will vote for Hogan because they're smart enough to understand the alternatives.

Cut the fear-mongering ********.

Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom