• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Post your unprofessional responses and non-responses received by your State Senators and Delegates here.

I wrote my senators and delegates about my concerns with HB1302, in a respectful manner, and merely received a response from one of my dlegates (via email) that HB1302 passed, nothing else. I wrote all MD state senators in hard-copy letters. No response from anyone.

I wrote all my delegates via email voicing concerns about due process. I simply received a response from Eric Luedtke and all it said was "HB1302 passed". Then I receive 5 copies of mail from Representative Luedtke about all the things he did during Sine Die. I received one such letter from one of my state Senators.

Do you all actually get a meaningful response? The attitude in Maryland seems to be, they are all gun owners, so screw them.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    Kathy Afzali. Got a response from her aide wanting to update her records and for me to provide my home address. That's the only response I got.

I'm not usually a tinfoil hat kinda guy but with HB1302 I'm cool without them knowing my home address...............

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Kathy Afzali. Got a response from her aide wanting to update her records and for me to provide my home address. That's the only response I got.

I'm not usually a tinfoil hat kinda guy but with HB1302 I'm cool without them knowing my home address...............

Probably wanted to make sure you could vote for her before she wasted her time with an actual response. Either that or so they would know where to send the beg letters.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Didn’t hear jack back from hogan. Just got a letter today from Klausmeir saying the session was over and what a great job she did. Also got a lot of solicitation from Brochin for $$$. I wouldn’t mail him a turd. I used to get tons of emails and letters. Guess they are ashamed of how the f’d us this session. Sad when the R’s are as bad as the D’s.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wrote my delegates, senator and governor, more than once or twice.

. . . . . . crickets.

Welcome to the Land of Supermajority.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Didn’t hear jack back from hogan. Just got a letter today from Klausmeir saying the session was over and what a great job she did. Also got a lot of solicitation from Brochin for $$$. I wouldn’t mail him a turd. I used to get tons of emails and letters. Guess they are ashamed of how the f’d us this session. Sad when the R’s are as bad as the D’s.

Just a FYI. If they include a postage paid envelope for you to send them a donation, mail it back empty or full of newspaper clippings to weigh it down and drive up the price.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I contacted my representatives several times and heard nothing from any of them. I also found out that delegates West and Aumann from 42b were two of the few Republicans that voted for this piece of crap bill.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I started getting generic form letters outlining all the things that they succeeded with this year. Too bad they highlited all of the things that I opposed as great accomplishments for them. I saved the letters and emails as reminders about who NOT to vote for.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    no diff in VA or perhaps the USA. i sent an email to kaine complaining about some of his gun control crap and his email reply was thank you for your support of this gun control measure.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll give one bit of credit where credit is due, and that is to Pamela Queen who did respond professionally. Interestingly, it seems like I received much more professional responses circa 2013 when SB82 was in the works.

Currently, I think the environment is a lot worse and these legislators seem to think of us as the enemy instead of their constituents. Fits in with the attitude that goes along with SB1302, and the arrests of those peacefully protesting gun owner discriminating legislation this state. The recent "gun control" measures seem to be designed more for revenge directed against all gun owners than for an honest effort against reducing crime. I know this is not new news, but I do think the greatly increased level of intensity against gun owners is new news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom