• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Folks - I have recently requested permission to host a series of .22LR Precision Matches at the Mayberry Game Protective Association. I am still waiting approval, but wanted to get an idea of MDS' interest in attending these events.

Many of the specifics are not known, but I can tell you:
    • Course of fire (CoF) will include prone and positional shooting
      • Barricades
      • Rooftops
      • Ladders
      • Or Anything else we can think of...
    • Distance will range from 25yds-300yds (Maybe further if you're up to it)
    • Target sizes - 1/4" and up
    • 5-10 stages
    • .22LR only

This is a great opportunity to get our children into shooting and provide a venue for new and seasoned shooters to have fun, learn, and get some trigger-time... So, who's interested?

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Folks - I have recently requested permission to host a series of .22LR Precision Matches at the Mayberry Game Protective Association. I am still waiting approval, but wanted to get an idea of MDS' interest in attending these events.

Many of the specifics are not known, but I can tell you:
    • Course of fire (CoF) will include prone and positional shooting
      • Barricades
      • Rooftops
      • Ladders
      • Or Anything else we can think of...
    • Distance will range from 25yds-300yds (Maybe further if you're up to it)
    • Target sizes - 1/4" and up
    • 5-10 stages
    • .22LR only

This is a great opportunity to get our children into shooting and provide a venue for new and seasoned shooters to have fun, learn, and get some trigger-time... So, who's interested?
    Let me know I'm a members there and need hours

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Count me in. I have been going to the Peacemaker Rimfire challenge and I have been looking for more events like this.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    at the NRA World Shoot this past week they had a vendor, something like voodoo tactical, with $2k+ .22 rifles and were shooting them out a few hundred yards. no way i'm spending anywhere near that (plus the glass) on a .22 with its limited capabilities.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I'm not volunteering but a particularly sadistic match director could theoretically construct a rope bridge with a center shooting section with say a 8-10" barricade preventing prone position from being used.

Just saying.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Interested. Do you have any other equipment requirements? Are bolt guns acceptable?

Also, the drop at 300 is about 13ft. That is crazy, and everyone would be doing WAG holdovers and Kentucky windage. Sounds fun, but is that actually a good idea?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Interested. Do you have any other equipment requirements? Are bolt guns acceptable?

Also, the drop at 300 is about 13ft. That is crazy, and everyone would be doing WAG holdovers and Kentucky windage. Sounds fun, but is that actually a good idea?

Using a scope with adjustable elevation and a 20MOA rail, you can easily reach out to 300 yards. On my rifle with an MOA scope, I'm using 40 MOA to hit targets at 300 yards using Eley Force. In previous matches I was using Lapua Center-X with a 53 MOA adjustment.

I know one person that competes in this match with a cheap Savage rifle from Walmart and a cheaper scope. He actually did pretty well since he practiced to ensure he knows his hold overs out to 300 yards.

Here is a photo of one of the stages at the Peacemaker Rimfire match. The furthest distance on this particular stage was 294 yards.

i-ssKQND8-L.jpg

Jeremy (pictured here) was match winner earlier this year.

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    I'm going to be helping out Yoshi with setting up this match. I've shot the Rimfire Challenge at Peacemaker and we are hoping the Mayberry match will be just as fun and challenging. We also hope this match will be an affordable option as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom