MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    So super steel sounds a bit more "fun". I will sign up for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bring lots of ammo for Super Steel. I usually bring 300 rds per squad even though I never shoot that much. Learned my lesson when I ran out one day and had to borrow some to finish a match. So I bring extra, sort of like paying forward, if someone else runs short.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Sunday’s LR practice was great. This was my first time shooting on the back side. Sunny and 45°. Couldn’t ask for better weather.

I guess the only thing that took some getting used to was when someone asked “Where U From” and I said Maryland, they sort of looked down and said “sorry”. Sort of like I had told them I had just been diagnosed with ALS or something.

Met some good people. I’m looking forward to the PRS match next week.

f83ce1d00559cd0e11321f1241006d62.jpg

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I would love to do the June shoot but I need to learn how my new Ruger RPR shoots at long distance. I belong to Meade rifle and pistol club which has access to a 600 yard range but i never shot there yet nor have i ever shot over 300 yards. I need to contact the club Prez and see if there are any members that are practicing long distance that I could shadow.
    Are there any MD Shooters here planning on going in June, please let me know and maybe I could meet up and tag along.
    Thanks....

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Are there any MD Shooters here planning on going in June, please let me know and maybe I could meet up and tag along.

dates of peacemaker's long range challenge matches below. these are fun, belly matches, perfect opportunities to stretch out your rifle and get dope out to 1200 yds though sometimes they don't go out quite that far. let folks know you're new and they will help you out.

March 24 2018 Match Full

April 28 2018

May 26 2018

June 23 2018

August 25 2018

September 22 2018

October 27 2018

December 8 2018

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I would love to do the June shoot but I need to learn how my new Ruger RPR shoots at long distance. I belong to Meade rifle and pistol club which has access to a 600 yard range but i never shot there yet nor have i ever shot over 300 yards. I need to contact the club Prez and see if there are any members that are practicing long distance that I could shadow.
    Thanks....

The Frontier Sunday’s are great for getting the lay of the land as well as getting some good DOPE on your rig. Very low key low stress. No time limit. You can fire 20 rounds or 200 rounds. Stay for 90min or the full 4 hrs.

http://peacemakernational.com/frontiersunday

I am really planning to make the one on June 17th, and maybe the Match on the 24th, but that’s my anniversary so not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The Frontier Sunday’s are great for getting the lay of the land as well as getting some good DOPE on your rig. Very low key low stress. No time limit. You can fire 20 rounds or 200 rounds. Stay for 90min or the full 4 hrs.

http://peacemakernational.com/frontiersunday

I am really planning to make the one on June 17th, and maybe the Match on the 24th, but that’s my anniversary so not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once I get my new barrel on, I'll be put there for sure!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just installed a Taccom ULW 9mm barrel in my PCC. Along with Taccom extended charging handle and mag funnel and an Odin extended mag release. Going to put one of my lighter AR stock on also. Also got one Taccom mag coupler so I will have at least 1 40+ rd mag. Even though I set 3 out of 8 personal best in the Steel Challenge match in PCCO I find the carbine heavy right now, especially after putting the VQ CF barrel on my 15-22. The only parts the 15-22 has with steel left in it is the trigger group, the bolt, and SS liner in the barrel. It now weighs 6 oz. lighter than my light-weight 10/22.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I changed the barrel and handguard out for my 9mm PCCs to a lighter keymod rail and thin barrel, and a 3" long brake. 8oz buffer, AR-10 carbine spring. Winchester Steel Forge ammunition. Runs like a Swiss time piece, with no dot bounce. It has the Eotech sight. Swings well enough for Steel Challenge, so that's its job.

My original 9mm PCC is getting a new keymod rail, 2-3" of barrel cut, and a new muzzle device installed. This one is going to be a bit heavier than the other one, but it's going to be for USPSA games. I have a magwell extender installed. This has a Burris Fastfire II, that should also help in any classifiers.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I am signing up for the June 17th shoot. If you are going, do you think you could help me get started? Like I said, I never shot beyond 300 yards and really want to see how far out I can shoot. Going to do the Bang Steel class but not before this event. Perhaps, we could meet up with other MDShooters? I also have a friend who really wants to go also but because of medical issues in his neck, can’t shoot prone. Do you think he would be able to bring a portable shooting table?
    Either way, I appreciate your help.
    Thanks!
    Jim

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I am signing up for the June 17th shoot.

that looks like one of their frontier sunday's. not sure if you're referring to me or someone else here, but not sure if i'll be doing that or not until we get closer. either way i guarantee your squadmates will help you out as i've seen that done at other matches/events there. this isn't even a match, just an opportunity to have fun hitting far targets and getting dope for your rifle. similarly i'm sure they'd have no problem if your buddy brought a portable bench to shoot from.

what you really want to do in advance is chronograph your rifle/load (shoot 5 to 10 shots) to get an average feet per second velocity. then find the ballistic coefficient (bc) of your bullet and your scope height (center of scope to center of bore) and find a ballistics program to plug that into and print out a ballistics chart in 25 yard increments. you'll use that to dial or hold at various distances and if you're hitting higher or lower you'll need to keep track of that.

this saturday i'm doing their long range challenge match (fun, belly match). if you want to come, after the match (prob somewhere between 1 and 4pm) i'd be happy to help get you set up and started. can bring a chrono etc if you don't have that. lemme know, david

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    PENSFANINMD

I have never really shot long range myself I only have a DPMS GII Recon (AR-10) with 16in barrel I go out to DELMARVA Sporting clays you can get 100, 200, 300 and 500 yards. I want to see when I'm shooting Friday if I can setup a 400yard target maybe? I also have a chronograph. I Don't think I can hit 1k with my setup I have the Nikon P-308 and the Nikon Base 20MOA. It would be close.

Do you reload?

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    that looks like one of their frontier sunday's. not sure if you're referring to me or someone else here, but not sure if i'll be doing that or not until we get closer. either way i guarantee your squadmates will help you out as i've seen that done at other matches/events there. this isn't even a match, just an opportunity to have fun hitting far targets and getting dope for your rifle. similarly i'm sure they'd have no problem if your buddy brought a portable bench to shoot from.

what you really want to do in advance is chronograph your rifle/load (shoot 5 to 10 shots) to get an average feet per second velocity. then find the ballistic coefficient (bc) of your bullet and your scope height (center of scope to center of bore) and find a ballistics program to plug that into and print out a ballistics chart in 25 yard increments. you'll use that to dial or hold at various distances and if you're hitting higher or lower you'll need to keep track of that.

this saturday i'm doing their long range challenge match (fun, belly match). if you want to come, after the match (prob somewhere between 1 and 4pm) i'd be happy to help get you set up and started. can bring a chrono etc if you don't have that. lemme know, david

David,
    I am not sure if I can make it Saturday but I definitely will try to rearrange a few things. I would probably just watch and see what is involved etc. I just put a new scope on my rifle and haven’t really achieved a good one hundred yard zero. I don’t have a chronograph, but a buddy does amen I could borrow it before June 17th.
    But, if I can make it for sure and if my close 100 yard zero is good enough, I can bring my rifle and some ammo and if your still okay with helping me, I will know by tomorrow afternoon or at least by dinner if I can get out of “our” plans lol and plan to be there.
    Thanks David!!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I’ll be there this Saturday too. Which Squad are you on? I’m registered on Squad One.

Your invite to Pennsfan implies that he can simply show up to the Frontier range after the match as a guest and shoot. I’m a fairly new member at PNTC and dont know all of the in’s and out’s yet. If thats true, thats pretty cool. I would be able to hang around too.

Either way we should at least meet up and say hi. Do you know the super secret MDS handshake?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I’ll be there this Saturday too. Which Squad are you on? I’m registered on Squad One.

Your invite to Pennsfan implies that he can simply show up to the Frontier range after the match as a guest and shoot. I’m a fairly new member at PNTC and dont know all of the in’s and out’s yet. If thats true, thats pretty cool. I would be able to hang around too.

Either way we should at least meet up and say hi. Do you know the super secret MDS handshake?

i've been a member there for a couple of years now. if and when he confirms he can come out, i'd tell him he needs to sign in at hq and then meet me at frontier sometime before the match ends (he cannot shoot the match as it's full and he didn't sign up). after the match, we should be able to chrono and even hit a few targets, normally they don't rush everyone out. if not for some reason, we can go back to the main facility and do that.

i'm on squad one also so see you saturday! maroon-ish f250 supercrew, i'll be the one with a lefty bolt gun in a mpa chassis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom