• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Guys,

I have thought about it but didn't do it. Finally, a good hearted person on here suggested that I should ask in this board.

So I have been a software developer for 23 years with C, C++, C#, Microsoft stack like WinForm and ASP.NET MVC, along with many other acronyms like Linux, Javascript, and SQL.

I'm looking for a permanent job nationwide or some interim work locally here in Metro DC/MD/VA area.

If you know any lead, please let me know.

Thanks.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I have tried the usual places like indeed.com, dice.com, ziprecruiter.com and so on.

I gave up on usajobs.gov. That place is like a black-hole after you fill out 10 pages of check boxes for each job. It always says the job solicitation is ended by such and such date of the month. You also need to submit your college transcript. I have to go back 25 years longer in the past to remember how to request college transcript.

I have no secret clearance so defense contractors are out unless I can sit and wait for 1 year while not paying bills...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Attachments

• 8CADA07D-2EBB-4300-BC57-ACE8DC6B3120.jpg
      8CADA07D-2EBB-4300-BC57-ACE8DC6B3120.jpg
      35.4 KB · Views: 700

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    guessing amazon will be hiring some IT types in arlington once they move and perhaps prehiring for some of those positions.

how about some of the big ERP companies, rolling out systems across the country (and int'l).

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I have tried the usual places like indeed.com, dice.com, ziprecruiter.com and so on.

I gave up on usajobs.gov. That place is like a black-hole after you fill out 10 pages of check boxes for each job. It always says the job solicitation is ended by such and such date of the month. You also need to submit your college transcript. I have to go back 25 years longer in the past to remember how to request college transcript.

I have no secret clearance so defense contractors are out unless I can sit and wait for 1 year while not paying bills...

Feel same about USA Jobs. 40 applications sent. I have 30 years experience, two maters of a doctorate. Not a single call back.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Sorry OP. Im probably the same age/skillset. Its all about our age and the fact that we are not off the boat H1Bs willing to starve and be stacked into an apartment with 30 others. I'm socking away all that I can because I know that my days in the business are numbered (Just turned 40). I've built major systems for banks, insurance companies, lead teams, divisions of developers, still write code and contribute to a few open source projects including .net core. Doesn't matter when Bunny in HR wants Apu for $15 an hour.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Guys,

I have thought about it but didn't do it. Finally, a good hearted person on here suggested that I should ask in this board.

So I have been a software developer for 23 years with C, C++, C#, Microsoft stack like WinForm and ASP.NET MVC, along with many other acronyms like Linux, Javascript, and SQL.

I'm looking for a permanent job nationwide or some interim work locally here in Metro DC/MD/VA area.

Thanks.

Linked in recruiters have worked out in the past for me. Just avoid the "urgent requirements" contract bs tards from Indian boiler rooms.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    guessing amazon will be hiring some IT types in arlington once they move and perhaps prehiring for some of those positions.

how about some of the big ERP companies, rolling out systems across the country (and int'l).

Amazon only wants 20-30 year old H1bs for $10 an hour or purple haired gender confused millennials willing to work 90 hours a week. Anyone with 23 years of experience is pretty well fcked. Its just how things work. Only field where you are a liability the wiser you are because you have learned how not to get fcked.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD

Most likely you would fare better outside of the Fed government, besides its not a stable job anymore, too many politically driven furloughs. If you want to work for the govt, do it as a contractor, as a contractor you would most likely get paid more. If you want more stability better check the local govts they are more stable and better benefits..

Good luck

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Guys,

Thanks.

My wife places IT folk. Sending you a PM in a minute.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Thank you all for the leads and PMs. I have forwarded my resumes to those who sent me their emails.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA

the security clearance thing is not always true. Many projects do not require immediate SC, some not at all, Interims can be issued, It is true dod is overloaded in background check requests from the shear number of new people we are onboarding.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom