• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I am looking to get a pair of insulated coveralls for hunting. The Mountain Stalker at Bass Pro Shops has caught my eye. They look extremely warm. I am wondering if anyone has these or some similar ones that they would recommend. I am 6 foot tall, 200 pounds, 34 inch inseam and am also debating on the size to get. Thanks in advance for your help.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Regardless of the size you would wear, always buy one size larger to allow for the extra clothing under, coveralls always seem to run small anyway.

Anything with the Red Head name on it is made by another company, the Red Head coveralls are most likely made by Walls, so, try their website first for lower prices.

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    Cabelas has a huge sale now....

As for Bas pro..i have the CWS Works well!

If you hunt late season the wool & heavy fleece stuff cabelas has is best!

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    I just wanted to give an update on these coveralls after purchasing them and having them out in the woods hunting several times.

I purchased the mountain stalker coveralls in XL size from Bass Pro while they were on sale for $99. These are extremely warm coveralls and I have had them out in temperatures down to 10degrees. If you are sitting in a tree stand they are great with just a little on underneath (t-shirt, long underwear). If you are doing any really physical activity such as hiking or driving deer they will get hot quick and you will need to vent them or wear much less underneath or choose something lighter instead. They are a little noisy when moving, but for gun hunting it really does not matter to me. I love them for sitting still in cold weather and would purchase them again. Just my two cents.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I have a set of Cabelas Whitetail extreme MT050 parka and bibs. They cost a pretty penny but they are one of the best investments I have made for hunting. They have never let me down.

-Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom