Who needs a gun in Charles Village, Baltimore?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...d-homicides-stabbing-20100726,0,2408555.story

A 23-year-old Johns Hopkins research technician was fatally stabbed Sunday night in Charles Village during an apparent robbery, two days before the victim's birthday, according to city police.

Officers responded to a call of an attack at about 11:30 p.m. in the 2600 block of St. Paul St. and found Stephen Pitcairn in the road, suffering from stab wounds to the chest. Investigators believe Pitcairn was walking home from Penn Station after returning from a bus trip when he was approached by a man and woman, said Anthony Guglielmi, a police spokesman.

Police arrested and charged two people in connection with the crime, Lavelva Merritt, 24, and John Alexander Wagner, 34. Guglielimi said they will be charged with first-degree murder, robbery, and related charges. Wagner has a long history of robbery charges, while Merritt has several drug convictions.

Register on baltimoresun.com now

A Charles Village resident, who would not give his name, said he witnessed the attack and ran outside to comfort the victim. He was in his home ironing when he saw three people who appeared to be fighting, then heard a scream. He ran outside and saw Pitcairn lying on his stomach in the gutter, then called 911.

"I made it back and held his hand, and I told him that everything was going to be OK," the man said. "He said, 'Help me,' and then I held his hand until he expired. I didn't want him to be alone.

"Nobody wants to die alone."

Police said Pitcairn was taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

You are not in enough perceived danger.

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    Just like the samurai sword defender...within .6 of a mile from my house.

I WANT MY SHALL ISSUE RIGHTS RESTORED!!!

Yeah, when I ride to/from work on my bike I will pass really close to there. I wish I could carry more than my big bike lock...

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Yeah, when I ride to/from work on my bike I will pass really close to there. I wish I could carry more than my big bike lock...

I work in a federal building and weapons are not allowed. (Of course the guards don't have weapons either...). I'm not sure how I would handle that if I could CCW. Is there a locked box that I could secure to my bike to keep it outside? Not that, that is a good idea when temps are mid-90's and all the grease and oil would drain down to where ever gravity choose...like the magazine...

Just in on the radio: John Alexander Wagner had many parole violations and was NOT sent back to jail. This surpasses disgusting!

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    The sad thing is that this victim should have not been talking on the phone. Muggers tend to target those people because their move oblivious to their surroundings. Also, if the victim was carrying pepper spray, a knife, or some other less-lethal option, he might have thwarted the situation since the muggers didn't have a firearm. While I'm not blaming the victim, it concerns me that so many ordinary Marylanders don't arm themselves to the extend allowed by the law.

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    I work in a federal building and weapons are not allowed. (Of course the guards don't have weapons either...). I'm not sure how I would handle that if I could CCW. Is there a locked box that I could secure to my bike to keep it outside? Not that, that is a good idea when temps are mid-90's and all the grease and oil would drain down to where ever gravity choose...like the magazine...

Just in on the radio: John Alexander Wagner had many parole violations and was NOT sent back to jail. This surpasses disgusting!

I guess it is too much to hope for Federal buildings to become like that one State's courthouse that has a special line for CCW holders...

I would be worried though, the bicycle thefts I've read about in Baltimore usually involve surprise ambushes with someone knocking the person off the bike and then their buddies suddenly appearing from behind concealment. That's a tough situation to maintain control of a firearm in ( a bunch of guys kicking you on the ground ) and I'd rather not provide arms to someone with total disregard for other people's well-being.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD

This is the crap that has to stop! I hope his family sues the hell out of the city and state. If they did their jobs that piece of shiznit would not have been on the street and the victim would still be alive.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Was listening to 98 Rock this morning when they were talking about it on the news. They took a call from someone who mentioned they should make Maryland "Shall Issue". The DJ agreed fully with the caller...saying that it would definately equal out the playing field and would make idiots think twice about committing a crime. Kinda refreshing hearing something like that on the radio instead of the same ol' "blood running in the streets" BS you usually hear from the media.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    The sad thing is that this victim should have not been talking on the phone. Muggers tend to target those people because their move oblivious to their surroundings. Also, if the victim was carrying pepper spray, a knife, or some other less-lethal option, he might have thwarted the situation since the muggers didn't have a firearm. While I'm not blaming the victim, it concerns me that so many ordinary Marylanders don't arm themselves to the extend allowed by the law.

Talking on the phone was the least of his mistakes. Why would an allegedly educated person be WALKING FROM PENN STATION TO CHARLES VILLAGE?!?!?.

Considering that Johns Hopkins position is that guns are a public health threat, this person probably wouldn't have carried anyway.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    ****ing scum of the earth, worthless animals! **** Baltimore, **** Maryland, and **** the Maryland politicians who make careers out of protecting these filthy animals!!!

Considering that Johns Hopkins position is that guns are a public health threat, this person probably wouldn't have carried anyway.

But IF citizens WERE allowed to carry, and defend themselves, FILTH like these vermin would either be too cowardly to attack their victims, or they'd have been killed doing so, long before this event ever took place!

When will these idiots EVER LEARN that prohibitions against weapons ENABLE these vermin!?

The Terror

Sep 10, 2008
    Bmore
    The sad thing is, is that too many criminals get shoved through the system, they beat the system, whatever...and come out to do things like this. Great.

I used to hear all the time, "If we could only carry..." My response was always: "The bad guys could care less about a CCW, why should you?" you will get in just as much trouble if you're caught as they would(well, maybe not...some of them got rapsheets on top of rapsheets).

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The sad thing is, is that too many criminals get shoved through the system, they beat the system, whatever...and come out to do things like this. Great.

I used to hear all the time, "If we could only carry..." My response was always: "The bad guys could care less about a CCW, why should you?" you will get in just as much trouble if you're caught as they would(well, maybe not...some of them got rapsheets on top of rapsheets).

If i carry illegally and I HAVE to use it and kill some worthless POS, there's very little to keep them from throwing me into the general population at the pen...I'd never make it in there. So, for this argument I'm a law abiding citizen.

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Talking on the phone was the least of his mistakes. Why would an allegedly educated person be WALKING FROM PENN STATION TO CHARLES VILLAGE?!?!?.

Also, if he walked a block or two west like up Charles St, there is a chance he might not have been attacked. By going up St Paul, he walked right along Barclay, the turf of the Young Gorilla Family. In Baltimore, a couple of blocks can make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom