• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Received a gift from a friend yesterday. A buddy of mine gifted me a Ruger P95 9mm. He remembered me saying I was thinking of a full size 9mm and he had an extra.

It’s big, but smaller and lighter than previous P series pistols.

I’m liking it so far. It won’t win any beauty contests, but it works and it’s a solid pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    IMG_2136.jpg IMG_2135.jpg

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My first semiauto pistol was a P85 in .45, shot well but currently being used as an anchor, too heavy for me.

I am not putting down Ruger in any way. Glad this P95 is working well for you OP.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    very accurate. especially in SA mode. +1 on the tank vote.

a friend carries the p89 daily, the precursor to the OP's gun. very nice as well.

the p95 should serve you well op.

My brother had a P90 he carried for a few years and it was damned accurate. While they will never be beauty queens, they are still functional guns.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Had P95 DC for years. Then I found the 92 series. Always went bang and was on target.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Dang ! Almost called it .

As soon as I saw the thread title , I imeadately thought " Hey, Joe must have a P85 " .

The very first P85 had some reliability issues , but they quickly were superseded by the P85 Mark II , which was reliable . Each subsequent 9mm P Series was incrementally more ergonomic , albeit you would still have to squint hard to convince your self it was * Utilitarian and Business Like * , rather than simply Ugly .

But amongst Ruger Guys they have a cult following , and they report large round counts and good reliability .

Moving to P series generally , my P90 is still currently my go to carry .45acp . To put into perspective , similar weight, height, and length to a Combat Commander . DA trigger pull not quite up to my P series SIG , but it's plenty usable ,

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Dang ! Almost called it .

As soon as I saw the thread title , I imeadately thought " Hey, Joe must have a P85 " .

The very first P85 had some reliability issues , but they quickly were superseded by the P85 Mark II , which was reliable . Each subsequent 9mm P Series was incrementally more ergonomic , albeit you would still have to squint hard to convince your self it was * Utilitarian and Business Like * , rather than simply Ugly .

But amongst Ruger Guys they have a cult following , and they report large round counts and good reliability .

Moving to P series generally , my P90 is still currently my go to carry .45acp . To put into perspective , similar weight, height, and length to a Combat Commander . DA trigger pull not quite up to my P series SIG , but it's plenty usable ,

Maybe I’ll start telling my wife I’m utilitarian and businesslike instead of ugly lol

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I always tried to sell myself as ruggedly hansome . guess now I would have to try for craggy .

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    If I had gone out an purchased one, this would probably not been on my radar. I like full size pistols and wanted a 9mm. This covers both bases.

For looks, I have my 1911 and my 586. For utilitarian appearance and such, I have this and my Security Six.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Had a P90, beauty is in the eyes..... I liked it better than my Glock. One of the ones that I should have kept.

I can second that for the P-90 and the P-85 Mk II I had. Both were very consistent in their relative accuracy capabilities and 100% reliable. At 25 yards the P-90 would do well under 2” all day and the P-85 inside 3.5”. They were pleasant to shoot and actually had decent triggers in single action and even double action after I stoned off stamp flashing from both draw bars.

I won several pin matches with the 85 MkII

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Had a P90 since they first hit the streets. With some TLC and stoning, it put some 220s to shame.

Could handle any ammo, even a steady feeding of +P+ with a heavier spring.

Sure, she’s a little big and heavier than most but that is a good thing if you have to pistol whip the snot of out somebody

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom