• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    So, it looks like the hbar ban will not pass unless it has a grandfather clause. Is that correct?

Is it time to start buying up all the hbars? I couldn't find any complete hbar uppers online. Has the panic buying already started?

Can a I get grandfathered if I just buy an hbar barrel and purchase the rest of the build later? What if I already have an upper and I just purchase a barrel?

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    So, it looks like the hbar ban will not pass unless it has a grandfather clause. Is that correct?

Is it time to start buying up all the hbars? I couldn't find any complete hbar uppers online. Has the panic buying already started?

Can a I get grandfathered if I just buy an hbar barrel and purchase the rest of the build later? What if I already have an upper and I just purchase a barrel?

Whoa , anything can still happen.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It’s not time to buy anything yet, it’s time to testify, write, call, and email infringers (legislators)
    Worry about the rest if it passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    It’s not time to buy anything yet, it’s time to testify, write, call, and email infringers (legislators)
    Worry about the rest if it passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree and we are doing our best. I'm going to testify tomorrow. But several people have asked me, so I thought I'd see what ya'll think.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

I will not be crass and say you should simply fly to Eretz Yisrael, then go to Masada, and leap off.

Instead, I will say you should do what your conscience tells you to do.

And/or what the voting members of Givati Gun Club tells you.

LOL why? Unless you absolutely refuse to build your own there is no reason to panic...you have a few options...

buy a stripped lower build your own
    buy an AR in any other rifle caliber, put any upper on it you damn well please
    buy a piston gun
    buy an AR pistol and add a brace. Buy a stock and a rifle upper and keep them separate..for now

Remember what our shirts said yesterday..

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I'd be more than happy and willing to teach you how to build out your own lower.
    There are also great videos on Youtube which show you step by step the process.
    Here is one of my favorite videos and I believe this guy is from the Midwest like myself!

[YT]e1omm6jY7Gg[/YT]

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I'm curious about what everyone is doing on the legislator front. I wrote all of my legislators, and the responses I got pretty much mirrored the one from Maggie McIntosh:

"Thank you for your email opposing gun control measures in Maryland. While I respect your opposition, I have been a long-time advocate for stricter gun control measures throughout my legislative career, and I do support every bill you mentioned. While I am sensitive to the rights afforded gun owners under the 2nd Amendment, I do not believe that any of the legislation you mentioned presents an unreasonable impediment to responsible gun possession. I am proud of the steps Maryland has taken to combat the easy availability of guns to those who are not safe and responsible gun owners."

It seems to me that they've made up their minds and have enough liberal supporters that they don't really give a rat's butt about what their 2A-supporting constituents have to say. Writing them seems to be an exercise in futility.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I'm curious about what everyone is doing on the legislator front. I wrote all of my legislators, and the responses I got pretty much mirrored the one from Maggie McIntosh:

"Thank you for your email opposing gun control measures in Maryland. While I respect your opposition, I have been a long-time advocate for stricter gun control measures throughout my legislative career, and I do support every bill you mentioned. While I am sensitive to the rights afforded gun owners under the 2nd Amendment, I do not believe that any of the legislation you mentioned presents an unreasonable impediment to responsible gun possession. I am proud of the steps Maryland has taken to combat the easy availability of guns to those who are not safe and responsible gun owners."

It seems to me that they've made up their minds and have enough liberal supporters that they don't really give a rat's butt about what their 2A-supporting constituents have to say. Writing them seems to be an exercise in futility.

Our club setup conference call with all the delegates from districts 11 and 41. We all signed a letter that was submitted yesterday and 2 of our members went to testify yesterday. We are all calling and emailing Bobby Zirkin today to let him know we oppose and asking him to speak to us on a conference call as well. I am going tomorrow to testify and submit more written testimony. We are also going to keep lobbying our delegates via email and phone calls. If the bills get passed, we are going to call and email hogan like a swarm of angry bees.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    On what basis did you conclude that they will either kill the bill or include a grandfather clause for HBARs? Was that something that was announced?

One of our members who stayed till the end said that the delegate who sponsored the the hbar bill agreed to add a grandfather clause.

Can anyone else confirm?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

well at least your person read your letter and realized you were in opposition. the email i sent to my rep actually thanked me for supporting his position...

i guess it never hurts to write and rally, but these idiots got elected without our votes so not sure why they'd do what we want (or not do what we don't want) as we're irrelevant to them.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

I received this same reply from this same legislator. Posted it here the other day.

There won't be any turning the hard core anti's, like this Maryland 27 year career gem of a poster gal for the need for term limits. If ever if ever a lib there was, this libber is one because because....

All I know to do is to try to help to keep some semblance of pressure on these "proud long time advocates".

Don't give up, and don't give in.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I received this same reply from this same legislator. Posted it here the other day.

There won't be any turning the hard core anti's, like this Maryland 27 year career gem of a poster gal for the need for term limits. If ever if ever a lib there was, this libber is one because because....

All I know to do is to try to help to keep some semblance of pressure on these "proud long time advocates".

Don't give up, and don't give in.

Agreed. One of Delegates basically just blew us off with the whole there are too many guns and that's why there's all this violence argument. He said he'll vote for whatever the judiciary committee reccomends. That's why these hearings are so important.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    One of our members who stayed till the end said that the delegate who sponsored the the hbar bill agreed to add a grandfather clause.

Can anyone else confirm?

Ivey introduced an amendment that would grandfather in existing HBARs bought between 2013 and 2019. He was hoping to avoid people testifying because they could keep what they have. Then he proved just how little he knows when he couldn’t answer what AR stood for when asked by Delegate Arikan.

ETA: though we all know he badly wanted to say assault rifle.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    As was pointed out in a video I posted. The grandfathering clause, if offered, is a trap. These POS libs will give nothing and take everything. They can not make you a felon for owning something that was legal. Pass the law as written and have it struck down as unlawful per the MD constitution. Ex post facto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom