• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    So i was watching the tube and i just saw a commercial for June 2, Gun violence awareness day...and calling for people to wear orange.

Checked out the site, wearorange.org seemed innocent enough until those famous words "common sense solutions"...

Now i am against gun violence, but i am also PRO 2A....

Mark

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    Maybe we should come up with our own stop gun violence themed shirt/day/event. We make shirts that say "Stop gun violence!" on the front. On the back it says "By enforcing existing laws!" I know the second part hits into some sensitive ideas (FSA 2013). Maybe one of our members can wordsmith it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maybe we should come up with our own stop gun violence themed shirt/day/event. We make shirts that say "Stop gun violence!" on the front. On the back it says "By enforcing existing laws!" I know the second part hits into some sensitive ideas (FSA 2013). Maybe one of our members can wordsmith it.

Front: Stop
    Shooting
    Crime

Back:
    Enforce the laws!

or

No early release!

or

No dropped charges!

or

Real sentences!

Fel free to pile on. Remember:

MADE
    YOU
    LOOK

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Here's somebody who's all fitted out and ready to go. Maybe we can get two-fers and combine it with "Hillary for Prison 2016 Day"...

Attachments

• hillary2.jpg
      hillary2.jpg
      10.7 KB · Views: 470

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'll wear my orange unnapants so's it's the last thing they see before they kiss my a$$!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

The media would only show the front so the message would be lost.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    "Gun Violence"?

Just another classic example of the highly educated anti-2A wordsmiths very effectively manipulating the American psyche.

I must have missed something???

None of my guns were violent this weekend. Probably saw a couple of hundred others this weekend that weren't violent either.

We need to lose this ******** terminology. And we need to refute the terminology every time somebody uses it.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    "Gun Violence"?

Just another classic example of the highly educated anti-2A wordsmiths very effectively manipulating the American psyche.

None of my guns were violent this weekend. Probably saw a couple of hundred others this weekend that weren't violent either.

We need to lose this ******** terminology. And we need to refute the terminology every time somebody uses it.

Mine have been relaxing in the safe. Every once in a while they get rowdy with loud music, but a stern look from me puts them in line.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    My range safety officer RSO hat is orange - will be perfect!

Mr H

Banana'd
    "Gun Violence"?

This is precisely why I do 2 things when talking to folks...

Avoid the use of the "G-word". It's being used by the antis as a standalone pejorative, and buying into it is not helping us.

Use the term "Criminal Violence". Add 'with firearms' if a distinction is needed, but generally it shouldn't be. The criminal aspect it where the problem really is... and we have lawmakers and a legal system that isn't holding criminals to account.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "Gun Violence"?

Exactly.

If guns are violent, why was this ICBM called the "Peacekeeper"?

Attachments

• Peacekeeper1_2.jpg
      Peacekeeper1_2.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 382

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    And this, the Colt "Peacemaker."

Attachments

• colt peacemaker.jpg
      colt peacemaker.jpg